Acebeam        
Page 470 of 477 FirstFirst ... 370420460463464465466467468469470471472473474475476477 LastLast
Results 14,071 to 14,100 of 14289

Thread: The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

Default Re: The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by badbs101 View Post
    I saw your collection of Malkoff flashlights over on the "Runtime Graphs" thread. Very impressive to say the least. 28/29, what's the difference?
    Actually, I think he's in the mid thirties at this point, not including the Elzettas in that photo.
    “May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.”
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

If two are used that would be 3.6 volts? The Malkoff webpage says AA Lithiums are ok with M31s but he also lists the max input as 3.3 volts. Hope you don't damage your drop-ins. Might need to clarify with Gene.
    I had the opportunity to swap emails with Gene. He says that 2xAA lithiums are okay in the 3v modules, despite the slightly elevated voltage.

Cheers

I saw your collection of Malkoff flashlights over on the "Runtime Graphs" thread. Very impressive to say the least. 28/29, what's the difference?
    uh.... I think I am just over 40 now and a handful or so on order from Craig. I will have to count. You will have to wait until next weekend and i will see if I can give you a breakdown of what i have. I have a few Elzetta's with Malkoff modules as well.

I have posted the 2x Energizer Lithium results along with vs and full comparison

hope you enjoy. This coming/next weekend I will try to get a bunch of the Graphs i have already posted in my thread. I most likely will not do any more tests until my next decent break which will be in probably 3 weeks. If there is a request for a simple shortish test, i may try to work it in during one of the weekends i'm home.

Take care for now and see you in about 5 days

Quote Originally Posted by Modernflame View Post
    I had the opportunity to swap emails with Gene. He says that 2xAA lithiums are okay in the 3v modules, despite the slightly elevated voltage.

Cheers
    I can verify this info as i have completed the test which ran for nearly 4.75hrs; however usable output is less than that

A&Q Moderator

The TK20. Yes it still rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Woods Walker View Post
    Supposed to be in early this week. Fingers crossed.

Cheers
    Good to know! I assumed that was the case, I've been running a pair of lithium AAs in my 2xAA-body/VME/M31W since last year without issue.

A&Q Moderator

Supposed to be in early this week. Fingers crossed.
    Hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Woods Walker View Post
    Craig told me via email that he's expecting the Nichia drop ins today or tomorrow. He also indicated that it is a "limited run." No clue as to how much stock he's receiving.

prepare your credit cards, mouse, keyboards and do not forget the coffee.
    It will be a long day.

Let's be careful out there.
    I'm looking for a couple of Oveready Battery Capsules, Delrin or Aluminium. If you have a spare would you please give me a shout? Thanks. Peter

Default The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

Lets hope he gets enough in to atleast cover what we have already ordered. lol. I just ordered one M31LL on Friday evening.

Quote Originally Posted by teak View Post
    Lets hope he gets enough in to atleast cover what we have already ordered. lol. I just ordered one M31LL on Friday evening.
    Me too. Per Craig he ordered a "mini batch"

if there is no stock for my order after having waited so long I promise that I will aim all my malkoffs in his ear and I will cook the ear with lumens! lol

I wish Malkoff would just offer these Nichia modules himself. All it would require is a very minimal investment in LED's. They are cheap. It's costing him business.

Can't blame Illumn for not keeping them in stock- they are a specialty item that probably is not a big seller. I've been waiting on these for a long time, and it seems that many, if not most of the modules will not be re-stocked in this "mini batch". Hope I'm wrong.

Was just looking at my flashlight purchasing records; my last item purchase of any kind was a Malkoff M61N module three years ago - so does that mean I'm a Junkie or not ?

And on a different note; my Malkoff LED dome light in my Toyota Corolla - w/ 396,000 miles - is probably one of the most valuable things in the car, lol.
    Last edited by Kestrel; 04-16-2018 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by glimmer View Post
    I wish Malkoff would just offer these Nichia modules himself. All it would require is a very minimal investment in LED's. They are cheap. It's costing him business.

Can't blame Illumn for not keeping them in stock- they are a specialty item that probably is not a big seller. I've been waiting on these for a long time, and it seems that many, if not most of the modules will not be re-stocked in this "mini batch". Hope I'm wrong.
    I am not sure if having them on the Malkoff website would have any impact on availability (in the end it is still one man making them all). To be honest, I sort of like each distributor having their own special items. Oveready was the only place to get N models for a while, and the HCRI and 219 models are even more special as dealer exclusives.

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    Was just looking at my flashlight purchasing records; my last item purchase of any kind was a Malkoff M61N module three years ago - so does that mean I'm a Junkie or not ?

And on a different note; my Malkoff LED dome light in my Toyota Corolla - w/ 396,000 miles - is probably one of the most valuable things in the car, lol.
    I ended up buying two more M61s today simply because I could not pass up a couple 6Ps for $40 each. Haha. It is sickness.

Quote Originally Posted by glimmer View Post
    We'll be restocking the rest... I'll be trying to keep them more in stock now. I do know now that the SHO's and M31Ls are not wanted! I will try to come into this thread more often.

RE: Nichia LEDs,
    the 219Bs are still a production item if I'm not mistaken, but Nichia only allows us to order full reels now of 3500 LEDs. We want to make more nichia products but it's definitely hard to sell them! I will see what I can figure out , though.

csshih: thanks for posting here on the topic and for giving us more information to understand a bit because things sometimes take a while to happen.

I hope this new batch of dropins can supply the junkies and also be an attractive deal for you.

Quote Originally Posted by csshih View Post
    We'll be restocking the rest... I'll be trying to keep them more in stock now. I do know now that the SHO's and M31Ls are not wanted! I will try to come into this thread more often.

RE: Nichia LEDs,
    the 219Bs are still a production item if I'm not mistaken, but Nichia only allows us to order full reels now of 3500 LEDs. We want to make more nichia products but it's definitely hard to sell them! I will see what I can figure out , though.
    Great news- Thanks! I'll be checking your website regularly, charge card in hand! I certainly understand you can't justify a big investment in inventory that doesn't move.

3500 LED's seems like a lot! I know there is a limited market for these Malkoff Nichia modules. I doubt many people even know they exist, outside of geeks who frequent flashlight forums.

Appreciate the update!
    Last edited by glimmer; 04-16-2018 at 06:34 PM.

I do know now that the SHO's and M31Ls are not wanted! I will try to come into this thread more often.
    During the drought I nearly bought both, but you're right. They weren't what I really wanted.

I can imagine that low output, high CRI modules are a tough sell in today's lumen cranking martket. Perhaps they are a niche for junkies. I'll put my money where my mouth is, though, and buy L, LL, or LLL M61's in 219b.

I hope we get a heads up if/when the M31LLL models are available.

I've just received shipping confirmation from Illumn! Much faster than I would have anticipated!

During the drought I nearly bought both, but you're right. They weren't what I really wanted

I can imagine that low output, high CRI modules are a tough sell in today's lumen cranking martket. Perhaps they are a niche for junkies. I'll put my money where my mouth is, though, and buy L, LL, or LLL M61's in 219b.
    makes sense to me

on a sidenote - I'm very sorry everyone, but I realized that our prices on some m31 dropins were losing us money I had to raise them a little bit.
    I very much hate raising prices but I occasionally need to eat too.

I've just received shipping confirmation from Illumn! Much faster than I would have anticipated!
    They came in after our mail pickup, so they're going out tomorrow.

I hope we get a heads up if/when the M31LLL models are available.
    The next minibatch shouldn't be long, I would guess around 1 week.
    Last edited by csshih; 04-16-2018 at 06:46 PM.

Flashaholic*

I thought about grabbing the M31L but like others here I am more interested in the M31LL or M31LLL. Both the M31 and LL are on backorder when I looked just now,did the current batch get snapped up already?
    Last edited by ZMZ67; 04-16-2018 at 07:12 PM.
    I respectfully reserve the right to purchase yet another light......

Default The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

I got shipping notification as well! I made the "mini batch" Thank you Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by ZMZ67 View Post
    I thought about grabbing the M31L but like others here I am more interested in the M31LL or M31LLL. Both the M31L and LL are on backorder when I looked just now,did the current batch get snapped up already?

The mini-batch was only 31s, 31LLs, and 61s. We have more on order. Just wanted to get out a few first! I'll be updating inventory shortly but so far we've been able to cover everyone that's ordered in the first batch. There is 1 LL left, but there will be more coming in next week.

Flashaholic*

The mini-batch was only 31s, 31LLs, and 61s. We have more on order. Just wanted to get out a few first! I'll be updating inventory shortly but so far we've been able to cover everyone that's ordered in the first batch. There is 1 LL left, but there will be more coming in next week.

A&Q Moderator

Malkoff Devices M31LL 219B V2 M31LL219BV2 $59.99 Ordered: 1 $59.99
    I got the last one. Now back ordered.

Flashaholic*

I wondered who beat me to it! I'll stay on the look out for the next batch! Better for you to get one first anyway I like to hear your real world use stories!
    Last edited by ZMZ67; 04-16-2018 at 08:29 PM.

Page 470 of 477 FirstFirst ... 370420460463464465466467468469470471472473474475476477 LastLast