Klarus        
Page 510 of 524 FirstFirst ... 10410460500503504505506507508509510511512513514515516517520 ... LastLast
Results 15,271 to 15,300 of 15719

Thread: The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

Default Re: The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by TyTEK View Post
    Nice! I love the GWA1000!! Metal band too!!!
    It's worn well, daily use for 4 years +. Looks like the lens on my iPhone needs a clean though!!

Quote Originally Posted by knucklegary View Post
    ^^^ Ven, appears the quad can (maybe) use a tad more head I.D. ~ Do u have access to a milling machine? Boring out the crenelated MDX head orfice would give that drop-in full potential.
    Also, it wouldn't be too noticeable of a mod. With minimal loss of ano on inside edge you could color in with a black marker if desired..

* We use to use snipped pieces of soft copper sheet metal to act as buffers between finished work pieces and chuck, or vice jaws..

Just an observation..
    Two pics next to each other

Beams are a tad different, even though the quad works out well which you would think otherwise looking at the optic covered. The triple to me just looks at home, quad a little out of place(not major, just not a preferred). So a triple(or mule) will live in the md2, no quad. Function over form yes, but i just cant get on with the quad optics in the malk head. No milling machine anymore, i like things pretty much OE(switch, retaining rings does not matter modding). But even though my opinion, the beefy looking bezel is just that..............beefy looking and not actually beefy. Its malkoff designed, needs to stay that way or its not what gene designed. It has to be as is for the "malk experience"...............yeh i am weird . But yes, certainly an option, but you would need to take off most of the beefy front(maybe 3mm+ off dia).

Triple works out fine and good as is without any other mod apart from retaining ring.

Just my opinion, if i did not already have lots of quads, then i would probably think different if i wanted it in a malkoff.

Love it Dave, great pic and classic casio........................loving this casio/malk mix of awesomeness!

ven, I think they both look cool! It's too bad there isn't a crenelated MDX22.3 bezel...

Some may say this load out is a bit extreme just to go get ice cream on a Friday night...

To them I say, you don't know where I live!! Hahaha!

Just kidding! I live in a pretty nice place, but you never know now a days. Better to have and hope you never need it than need it and not have it... except for the flashlights! Always hope to need them, haha!
    Last edited by TyTEK; 08-07-2018 at 07:43 PM.

Some may say this load out is a bit extreme just to go get ice cream on a Friday night...
    That is absurd. Where is your tertiary flashlight?
    “May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.”
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

You see that black cylinder on the keys?

Just kidding, it's a "flash" drive, haha!

You're right, I failed

Geez... just how far did you have to go? LOL j/k

Nice setup and gear selection there!

Flashaholic

ven, I think they both look cool! It's too bad there isn't a crenelated MDX22.3 bezel...
    Agreed a 22.3 crenelated bezel is needed.. It would be a simple mod during manufacturing!!
    Someone should post a pole to see how many of us would be interested.. Count me in for two heads!👍👍

*Flashaholic*

I've been meaning to pickup a hound dog for a while now. You're making me want one even more! How do you carry yours when you edc it?
    Vertx tactical pants. Lots of pockets.
    ****** Malkoff Devices ****** “Learn to light a candle in the darkest moments of someone’s life. Be the light that helps others see; it is what gives life its deepest significance.” ― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Quote Originally Posted by NH Lumens View Post
    It [the Prometheus clip] works well and has held up fine. The Oveready looks good too.
    Thanks again for the feedback, NHL. I've had my eye on that clip for many years, and I should have just done it long ago. Huge improvement!
    Last edited by KentuckyMike; 08-04-2018 at 10:38 PM.
    Home of the Throw-Monster!

*Flashaholic*

18650 Hound Dog

Along with MD2 M61T

****** Malkoff Devices ****** “Learn to light a candle in the darkest moments of someone’s life. Be the light that helps others see; it is what gives life its deepest significance.” ― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

*Flashaholic*

*Flashaholic*

^^^ Nice family etc! I love seeing well used lights! Tons of character!!

Casio/Malk pic for the day...

Last edited by TyTEK; 08-06-2018 at 07:33 PM.

*Flashaholic*

The Hound Dogs got extensive usage. The Super Plus is mint as is the 18650 Hound Dog -- for now.

Casio/Malkoff of the day...

*Flashaholic*

Question for the Malkoff hardware experts:

Is it possible to swap the reflector in the Hound Dog (the 18650 variant, which I assume is identical to the larger HD except for voltage requirements)

In my infinite wisdom, I tried to clean a part of it and messed it up further. It became cloudy in part. If I can DIY, I will. But this probably does not warrant sending it back.

*Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by teak View Post
    Last is the m61t.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Bump.

this is old but perfectly valid.

what a diff between M61 and M61T

*Flashaholic*

This should be relevant to the Malkoff thread as it's a Malkoff product - I have numerous MD-series bodies and I was discouraged because about half of them would not fit latest-greatest protected cells. Including 18500s, the 2000mAh Panasonic model.
    EVVA and EagleTac 18650 in the 3500mAh capacity would not fit the MD4 body.

Well, this is really easy to re-mediate, purchase some sandpaper and wrap around something of the correct diameter - I used 3/8" ratchet extension that seemed to work OK.

Ideally, you start with 150 grit then 220 grit and can finish with a 400 grit for a mirror smooth internal finish. Takes about 20 minutes per MD3 body. MD2 least, MD3 more and MD4 the longest, I think over 30 minutes just because it has more metal to remove.

I did almost all the work with 220 grit but you can start with 100 or 150 grit to speed up the process.

Polish it and keep checking every few minutes. It's easy to remove the metal and not possible to put it back if you go too far.
    I stopped when I got to a tight fit - the cells do not rattle inside yet fall out easily.

The other MD4 body I have must be newer as the cells have no issues going in and out, all types of 18xxx cells.

this is really nice work Malkoff does because you can either leave as it is and have a tight fit or bore out the body a bit to fit your fav cell. The amount of work is really minimal. It's not like you are taking a 16mm cell to 18mm, which would take hours (by hand, anyway).
    Last edited by etc; 08-08-2018 at 12:43 PM.

new toys

Good for you, Marco. Enjoy. We will look forward to your report.

*Flashaholic*

I've ran one of my Hound Dogs with the MD3 body and two new Panny 2000mAh cells. It's not that the runtime it bad, it's kinda ok just lesser than that off 2x18650, obviously.

Decided to make configuration changes, instead of MD2 M61T, put it in the MD3 body with Panasonic 18500s, latest-greatest. It's noticeably brighter on both modes.

M91T goes with the MD4 body, so do both Hound Dogs and the 18650 Hound Dog runs off Panny "GA" 18650, the 3500mAh version, "red cell".

Finally getting around to posting my watch/Malkoff combo.

My neutral MDC 16650 and my Hamilton Khaki Automatic on a nato strap.

20180810_112035 by D Hunley, on Flickr

*Flashaholic*

cool

MD4 bodies looks like..

@TyTek....good to see you brought backups of ea item for the Friday night Ice Cream run; 2 knives, 2 lights, 2 guns, etc

Glad to see more pics being posted as well

@dhunley1, nice combo! Love that Hamilton with the 24hr time markings

I gotta start putting o-rings under the clips on my mdc's like you've done!

Quote Originally Posted by INFRNL View Post
    @TyTek....good to see you brought backups of ea item for the Friday night Ice Cream run; 2 knives, 2 lights, 2 guns, etc

Glad to see more pics being posted as well
    One is none, right!

Okay, so I decided on and purchased the following based on a few of the very informative posts on this thread:

M361N-LMH drop-in with high/low bezel switch in an MD2 host with tricap tailcap

I love this setup! The high/low bezel switch works perfectly, giving me six outputs in a configuration that is still relatively easy to EDC. Todd was awesome to deal with, and not only answered all of my questions but assembled the light and tested it to make sure the combination worked properly. Within roughly two months I have gone from zero Malkoffs owned to six (from MDC HA 1AA to HD Super). I can say with all appreciation and respect that I hate you all!

And how is that Super treating you?

Quote Originally Posted by Modernflame View Post
    And how is that Super treating you?
    Very, very nicely. Thank you again for letting it go for such a great price. See what you started?

Page 510 of 524 FirstFirst ... 10410460500503504505506507508509510511512513514515516517520 ... LastLast