The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

chnzwh

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone answer my two questions:

1. How many lumens does the M60N output?

2. Can a Malkoff M30 or M31 be used in old school Z32 bezels?

flashflood

Enlightened
Any chance of a neutral XM-L Mag 3-6D drop-in?

I have two old mags (one 3D, one 6D) and I'd like to give them new life.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Gene says no more custom orders right now.
He just has too much on his plate.

But ummm, might want to keep an eye out for new goodies!
There's a sale on you know ;)

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
Taking a further plunge here...just bought one of the XM-L Hound Dogs - the sale price was irresistable - and an M61LLL. My Gene-pool is now M60, M60F, M60LF, M61, M61LLL, a Hound Dog XM-L, a Wildcat, and a 2C Mag drop-in. Great stuff, great folks. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

jalcon

Newly Enlightened
What is the highest output/throw Malkoff has available for a 6p/c2 body?

dss_777

Enlightened
What is the highest output/throw Malkoff has available for a 6p/c2 body?

I think it's the Wildcat for max output, Hound Dog XML for throw. Both will run off a 6P sized body...

Last edited:

999snafu

Newly Enlightened
I think it's the Wildcat for max output, Hound Dog XML for throw. Both will run off a 6P sized body...

If he meant 6P sized (an MD2) then yeah, but of he meant an actual 6P or C2 then it'd be an M91. It'll do about 500 lumens initially, settling to about 450 after warm up. It'll run fine if your using two rcr123's although the runtime is only about 30mins (if I remember right you can get about 45 mins if the light is bored & you use 18350's).

Last edited:

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got my MD10 in the mail yesterday. Packaging was way overdone and the invoice even had a nice hand written note from Cathy thanking me for my purchase.

The MD10 is amazing -- exactly what I wanted for my weaponlight. It has a nice tight hot spot that throws very well and the color of the light is similar to my E2DL, a nice white (I'm terrible with estimating color temp so my apologies).

Gene, thanks for making this. I didn't want to have to buy an entire replacement head to convert to LED and this is perfect. I can still swap back to incan if I ever desired to do so, but I don't see that happening after seeing how great this little drop in performs.

Last edited:

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got an MD60 in the mail yesterday. I put it in my M4. I also have an FM24 beam diffuser on it. Now it got both throw and glow. With an SW02 it just feels like a flashlight in hand.

I put my MD10 in a M3 head and mated it to a M6 tube. A "sea cucumber" Malkoff style. This is in my truck emergancy kit.

I know these modules will most likely never fail me but it gives me peace of mind knowing that I can replace the emitter in a pinch.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finally added a couple of Mag drop-ins to my Malkoff stable,should have done it a long time ago!.Nice upgrade to the Mag and you retain the user servicabilty of the original Mag design.I couldn't resist getting a couple more M61NLLs as well :D Mated with an MD2/3 or SF the M60/M61 are the best thing going in flashlights right now IMHO.:thumbsup:

Glock 22

Enlightened
:DHere is a beamshot of my M31N in a Surefire E1B body with a VME head. All I can say is pocket rocket.
Beamshot
LENS021.jpg

LENS044.jpg

Last edited:

diesel79

Enlightened
Very nice! I have my M31N in a AA-2 twisty and its one of my favorites. Im gonna buy one of those Fenix headbands and use it for a headlamp as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts