HDS Systems        
Page 581 of 582 FirstFirst ... 81481531571574575576577578579580581582 LastLast
Results 17,401 to 17,430 of 17434

Thread: The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

Default Re: The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by GoVegan View Post
    BTW I'd really dig a Malkoff MDC SHO AA, maybe 125 or 150 lumens for 1 hour on standard eneloop (with no instant shutoff, and can run on a primary in an emergency), it would have to have "protected against reverse polarity" though

I would be all over this. The AA MDC is my travel light and I find myself using it mostly on high. I would love to have a single output AA light at 150lm.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot View Post
    Now that you mention it, that would be a pretty sweet light...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyboots View Post
    I would be all over this. The AA MDC is my travel light and I find myself using it mostly on high. I would love to have a single output AA light at 150lm.
    Thanks guys, based on your interest along with a couple of other users from a few years ago who mentioned they would love a SHO AA, I have created a poll in this thread:
    https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...MDC-HA-SHO-1AA

I think I overdid it with the FAQ, just wanted to be thorough.

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    We actually do have threads for those topics, but there seems to be little member interest in utilizing that sort of organization - so we just get this 17,000+ post mess here ...
    I wouldn't say that there's little interest. It's just challenging to keep various Malkoff threads organized. HDS has a dedicated sub-forum that keeps the threads bundled together. Like Bykfixer said, we'd need a way of grouping the threads together. Basically, we just need one box to keep our toys in.
    “May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.”
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Isn't the problem that there's no-one to moderate a Malkoff Forum?
    Hogo does the HDS one, but I think without a dedicated moderator there cannot be a Malkoff Forum to group the various threads under.
    I can't do it, I'm far too grumpy.
    P
    Last edited by peter yetman; 06-10-2019 at 12:34 PM.
    Lots of my photos are not showing, I'm trying to update the links. If you spot one that's missing, please PM with a link.
    Thanks. P

The HDS was a special case; in all other cases those subforums are moderated by a manuf. associate.

Quote Originally Posted by hap124 View Post
    Has there been any word on a AAA Malkoff? I check the site a couple times a year to see but nothing yet. A smaller MDC with the same quality and interface would be my grail light.
    I completely agree. I have a handfull of AAA lights but anything Malkoff made would be fantastic. I would also like to see it run on 10440 rechargeables giving me an option.
    Last edited by 340pd; 06-10-2019 at 02:49 PM.

A&Q Moderator

With the E01 now discontinued and Arc no more maybe there is an opening for a bomb proof PSK AAA light. I have E01s in several PSKs. However maybe these lights are no longer made for a reason aka low demand.
    The TK20. Yes it still rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Woods Walker View Post
    With the E01 now discontinued and Arc no more maybe there is an opening for a bomb proof PSK AAA light. I have E01s in several PSKs. However maybe these lights are no longer made for a reason aka low demand.
    Your videos have cost me a lot of money and I love it. Nice job.

The HDS was a special case; in all other cases those subforums are moderated by a manuf. associate.
    I think technically speaking, now, Hogo is a "manufacturer associate"
    ... is the archimedes peak

I would go AAA SHO for sure, not so sure about a AA though.

Different subject: Looking for compact Malkoff Thrower for when the XM-L is too large with the MD4 body. Which one would you chose below?

An E2 Hyper Throw/Scout M600 2CR123 High Output Head on a MDC 18650 to E-Series Body? (500 lumens 35,000 Lux)
    Or would I be better off with a MDX 22.3-M61HOT Throw Head on a MD2 body? (740 lumens 20,000 Lux)?

[...] We actually do have threads for those topics, but there seems to be little member interest in utilizing that sort of organization - so we just get this 17,000+ post mess here ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Modernflame View Post
    I wouldn't say that there's little interest. It's just challenging to keep various Malkoff threads organized. [...]
    So here we are again; we have a fresh new thread discussing the concept of a 1xAA MDC 'SHO', and many posters still want to discuss that topic here in this thread - at the same time they are posting there as well.

Relevant posts moved to the other thread.

It's one thing to say that members would like organization, but the evidence is to the contrary yet again.

Edit: Not being grumpy here, just amused.
    I will do what I can to obtain a modicum of organization, but am certainly not volunteering to maintain a Malkoff thread compendium / subforum.
    Last edited by Kestrel; 06-11-2019 at 01:46 PM.

That would be complete madness, don't go there.
    P
    Lots of my photos are not showing, I'm trying to update the links. If you spot one that's missing, please PM with a link.
    Thanks. P

You'd deserve hazard pay fot that Kestrel.
    John 3:16

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    You'd deserve hazard pay fot that Kestrel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayne Cobb
    [...] I got a share in this job. Ten percent of nothing is—let me do the math here. Nothing into nothin’. Carry the nothin’…

Hi,
    Can you explain to me how things are:

1) Does Malkoff have holiday sales, such as July 4, Black Friday, etc.?
    2) Does Malkoff offer discount for students, veterans, forum members (the code is “CPF” if I understand correctly)?
    3) How to apply Malkoff “20% off 1st purchase”?

I’m not lowballing Malkoff quality or service, just trying to be frugal.

QMT93,
    I can't answer your questions, but one thing to do is to email the Malkoffs (from their website), and ask to be placed on their email list. This should get you notifications for when they have sales. You might also want to ask them then how to apply for the 20% off first purchase discount.

Ah, that should work. Thanks!

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    QMT93,
    I can't answer your questions, but one thing to do is to email the Malkoffs (from their website), and ask to be placed on their email list. This should get you notifications for when they have sales. You might also want to ask them then how to apply for the 20% off first purchase discount.

Yes, once you sign up for their email list, you will be emailed your 20% off coupon code. If you have Gmail look under your promotions folder. I was on the phone with Gene while looking for mine and he said I should have it, but I never found it, two days later I saw it in my promotions folder. He just manually gave me the discount off over the phone. You can't get better lights and customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by CREEXHP70LED View Post
    Yes, once you sign up for their email list, you will be emailed your 20% off coupon code. If you have Gmail look under your promotions folder. I was on the phone with Gene while looking for mine and he said I should have it, but I never found it, two days later I saw it in my promotions folder. He just manually gave me the discount off over the phone. You can't get better lights and customer service.
    Plus, they personally sign every receipt
    "It's not rocket surgery"

Ya gene and Cathy are real good people.not to sound cruel but kinda glad they had a fox problem all them years ago.😁 that situation had brought a lot of joy to us nuts
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

QMT93,
    I did that, and am waiting for their reply. Thank you for reminding me about this!

I subscribed more than 3 days ago if I recall correctly, but I haven't seen it, so I messaged them on Facebook to ask if they can check to see whether I'm on the mailing list. And yes, their reputation is pretty much indisputable.

Quote Originally Posted by greatscoot View Post
    I did read about that too, I think a personal thank-you note?

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    Ya gene and Cathy are real good people.not to sound cruel but kinda glad they had a fox problem all them years ago. that situation had brought a lot of joy to us nuts
    Ah, the fox problem I didn't hear about. I read the article on the Medium, but no fox was involved :P. Hope they have already got rid of that.

Quote Originally Posted by QMT93 View Post
    1) Does Malkoff have holiday sales, such as July 4, Black Friday, etc.?
    Gene will sometimes have "Flash" sales for 15% or 20% off. I don't remember thinking that those sales correspond to major holidays, although he may do that from time to time. It won't be advertised on the website, though. You have to be on the mailing list and use the specified coupon code. Don't worry if you couldn't find the first email from Malkoff. Just keep an eye on this forum. The junkies will surely chatter about any flash sales.

2) Does Malkoff offer discount for students, veterans, forum members (the code is “CPF” if I understand correctly)?
    Not sure about students and veterans, but I don't think there is a CPF discount. (If there is, I've been missing out!) However, once you buy a Malkoff flashlight, you'll have the opportunity to post a review in exchange for another discount coupon. It's a vicious cycle, really. Gene is a drug pusher.

3) How to apply Malkoff “20% off 1st purchase”?
    At the time of purchase, you'll have the opportunity to enter the discount code.

It's a vicious cycle, really. Gene is a drug pusher.

QMT93,
    Quote Originally Posted by greatscoot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    Ya gene and Cathy are real good people.not to sound cruel but kinda glad they had a fox problem all them years ago. that situation had brought a lot of joy to us nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by Modernflame View Post
    Gene will sometimes have "Flash" sales for 15% or 20% off. I don't remember thinking that those sales correspond to major holidays, although he may do that from time to time. It won't be advertised on the website, though. You have to be on the mailing list and use the specified coupon code. Don't worry if you couldn't find the first email from Malkoff. Just keep an eye on this forum. The junkies will surely chatter about any flash sales.

Not sure about students and veterans, but I don't think there is a CPF discount. (If there is, I've been missing out!) However, once you buy a Malkoff flashlight, you'll have the opportunity to post a review in exchange for another discount coupon. It's a vicious cycle, really. Gene is a drug pusher.

At the time of purchase, you'll have the opportunity to enter the discount code.
    Ah, Gene and Cathy have replied to my message, and I have received the email. But I didn't know about the review thing, so thank you for that. "Drug pusher"? More like "powerful light", if you watch Star Wars :P

It's a vicious cycle, really. Gene is a drug pusher.

Yeah, I thought the same =))

Hi guys,

What is the difference between a regular tailcap and a tricap? On the M61T MD2, single-output comes with a regular tailcap, but hi/lo comes with a tricap. On the Hound Dog XM-L, which comes in hi/lo, tricap is $10 more. Does it do anything on the Hound Dog XM-L?

The tricap is just the outside shape is different to the standard tailcap, it is still a clicky switch.

The hi-Low ring/switch is installed in the head of Malkoff lights.

Ya it’s just a much nicer looking design. It is a little longer then the standard tail cap tho. Also it is flared a little at the end making it easier I think to hold on to.if you look at my lights 4th and 5th from the left you can see the difference side by side.
    Last edited by thermal guy; Today at 04:55 AM.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

The tricap is revolutionary. Apart from good looks, it also makes the button easier to reach. For example, my wife struggles to actuate the switch on the standard tail cap, but she has an easier time with the tricap. Additionally, the tricap acts as an anti-roll device. Prior to the days of the tricap, Malkoff flashlights could be trusted to roll around like a loose ball bearing. That was, in my opinion, the only demerit of the Malkoff design.

If it won't cause hoslter fitment issues for you, then I highly recommend the tricap. If it will cause holster fitment issues, then I recommend the tricap and a custom made holster.

Good point about anti roll with that tail cap. Your right there really isn’t much that can be improved on genes design. Top notch light.

Page 581 of 582 FirstFirst ... 81481531571574575576577578579580581582 LastLast