Various Nitecore TM11 and tint questions

aau007

Enlightened
So I got this TM11 now and got to play with it for a night.

1. How many different tints does Nitecore actually offer for this light. I have read a review here saying 3 but have only seen 2 for sale.
2. I got mine as TM11W. Does the "W" mean warm? Who else sells the warm version?

3. Nitecore allows 1, 2, 3 or 4 batteries to be used in the TM11. What happens when you try to use Turbo mode when you have less than 4 batteries in the light. Will it kill the batteries because too high of a drain? Say you only have a single 18650 in it and you switch to Turbo mode?

So I also did a couple of comparisons to show the tint between the TM11W and my JB RRT-21.
TM11W on Turbo vs. RRT-21 on max
tm11w-turbo-rrt21-max.JPG

TM11W on Med. vs. RRT-21 on max (this one should have them with roughly the same lumens output)
tm11w-med-rrt21-max.JPG

Which tint you guys like better? I use auto white balance and the TM11 looks warmer (more yellowish) in real life.

Last edited:

Draven451

Enlightened
1) I believe there is only two tints - CW or Neutral

2) It looks like you received the neutral version

3) I would not try to switch into turbo mode unless you have the required amount of cells in the light and they are fully charged. On nitecore's website and in the manual it states "In special circumstances such as an emergency situations, one to three 18650 Li-ion or two to six (R) CR123 batteries may be used." I doubt the light would be capable of switching to Turbo Mode but why risk damage to the light or your batteries?

I like the tint of the TM11W better. The JB looks too blue in the pictures for my taste.

How do you like the light?

Matjazz

Newly Enlightened
The light requires protected batteries. With a single protected battery turbo mode would just blink before battery's own protection kicks in and disconnects the battery. Switching the light off should reset the protection. If not (due to electronic switch), physically disconnecting the battery (unscrewing the light) will do the job.