R5 Mag Drop in TTS-3WCR45 XP-G R5 Anyone own one?

vickers214

Enlightened
Has anyone any experience of this? I have just ordered one, well I have had the TLE-300, TLE 6EXB, and the XPE version of he TTS so I thought i would give it a go! Just done a search on here thought and I could not find any info?
I though the XPE's were ok but gave a very narrow beam, Im expecting this to be the best compromise, but was hoping to find some feedback?

Anyway here is the link to the drop in, it has some decent beamshots at the bottom.

http://www.thetorchsite.co.uk/TTS-3WCR45_CNC_XPG-R5_LED.html

of course I will let you know what it is like when I get it

vickers214

Enlightened
Cheers for that, couldn't find that, excellent work there. the XPG is just as I expected it to be much more useful (if a little green?)
I don't have the TLE-6EXB anymore, but it ran fine and in the limited usage it got with me I never noticed the drop off that you got with early LED Mags, it was a decent upgrade, but a little pinpoint when focused and not quite bright enough to de focus, the XPG looks much better, BTW the TTS and TLE seamed identical in construction so im guessing both made by Terralux?

vickers214

Enlightened
Ive got the drop in now and as expected the beam is much better than the XPE equiped drop ins, not a great deal more output but a wider hotspot much better suited to the big Mag reflector, and the tint is perfect white with not hint of any colour, only the terralux had a slight Blue Hue but even that was very slight, this is the best of these drop ins that I have had

Lightwriter

Newly Enlightened
Is this available in the U, S, and A? I'm assuming it's not since I can't find it online at an American site, and the "TTS" in the part number obviously stands for "The Torch Site". =)

vickers214

Enlightened
As you suspect it is UK only, bu they would ship t the USA im guessing, but to be honest you would probably be better off with the Terralux from the USA cost/performance wise

tjhabak

Enlightened
As you suspect it is UK only, bu they would ship t the USA im guessing, but to be honest you would probably be better off with the Terralux from the USA cost/performance wise

I purchased a 2 cell and a 3 cell around the first of the year. I live in Ohio, and I can't remember exactly, but the price/shipping seemed fairly reasonable. I just had to compare them with the TerraLUX versions. They are a little bit better. I think, though, for the money, I'd go for one of the XPG Malkoffs. If you are willing to spend a little more, either the triple XPG from TerraLUX, or the Malkoff XML are both well worth the extra $$.

Lightwriter

Newly Enlightened
I have a few 2-3 cell Terralux TLE-6EX drop ins, and they have varying tints. I have a 6D Mag with a Terralux TLE-300 and that thing is a beast. I also have a 2D Mag and 3D Mag with Malkoff XP-G dropins, and just ordered a Malkoff XM-L. I'm interested in the The Torch Site dropins just to compare with what I already have.

Did you have any issues with ordering from The Torch Site since they use pounds instead of dollars?

tjhabak

Enlightened
I have a few 2-3 cell Terralux TLE-6EX drop ins, and they have varying tints. I have a 6D Mag with a Terralux TLE-300 and that thing is a beast. I also have a 2D Mag and 3D Mag with Malkoff XP-G dropins, and just ordered a Malkoff XM-L. I'm interested in the The Torch Site dropins just to compare with what I already have.

Did you have any issues with ordering from The Torch Site since they use pounds instead of dollars?

I didn't have any issue. Paypal converted it info US$ automatically. If you like the TLE300, you'll love the TLE310. I've seen them on EBay for as low as $63 shipped. It's much brighter and whiter, with a nicer (not perfect, though) beam profile.
I noticed Maglite has a 2D Pro model coming out this summer. This will be interesting, as it should be in the range of the Malkoff drop-ins (XPG version), and it should be brighter than the single emitter TerraLUX and TTS drop-ins. Depending on price, it could be a good way to go.:rolleyes:

vickers214

Enlightened
TTS have been great for all of my orders, helpful too, those terralux 3 LED drop ins are beasts, I had the old MK1 600lumen version, blitzes any single led of the same lumen output!