Beam Color Importance??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtsoll

Enlightened
Hey folks,
Firstly, I have to disqualify myself as being a good judge of beam color, I have had quite a few Arc LS's and couldn't really get a handle on what color they were. One time I thought blue, the next green, I just can't be sure. I just aquired LSH-P 1818 and LSH-S 473. They both appear white to me. I have gone so far as asking teachers at the school I work what color they think the beams are. I have come to the conclusion that I don't think it matters very much. Anybody with me on this. If it were just solid blue or green, yeah, I could see not wanting that. But, if I can't tell from one minute to the next, I've got a winner. Right now I've got a couple winners!!!! LSH 473 has a little switch prob but Merri will take care of that. Take care! Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mattman

Enlightened
If it's just tinted a little bit either way, you're probably going to forget about it after a few minutes and never notice it again. I just want to make sure that I can tell what color something is when I shine my light at it. In those cases a little tint doesn't matter. I've seen some Reactors that were obviously Luxeon Lottery Losers and they were a little too green to forget about, but every Arc I've seen has been good enough for me to never worry about beam color! (I've got an LSH-P, AAA P and just got my AA an hour ago)

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
To me beam color, tint and consistancy is most important, even more important than brightness and runtime. I am now spoiled by pure white LEDS. Anything less than that is a turn-off. Green, blue or yellow tinted lights annoy me.

dtsoll

Enlightened
Mattman,
I've got a BB 400 Q3 in a minigag and it is very blue to almost purple. I can still see what color something is even though it has a blue/violet beam. I am like you though, if it is only slightly tinted I will forget about it. I never forget the BB 400 is purple, even though it doesn't affect what color I see on the other end. Arc's are very consistent though and I love every one I've had!!!!!! Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic
once I got my hands on true true white Luxeons, this issue became suddenly really important for me, just like TIN said ... nothing beats a pure white perfect beam ... not even brightness.
bernhard

onelight

Enlightened
I have used a variety of tints blue green yellow violet for telephone wiring they are all better than the incandescent lights I used in the past for finding color codes in 25 pair cables /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.