Anyone own any Xtar lights ?

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one around here somewhere. Always reliable. Nice beam. Not too bright--its quite old (LED years). Never failed.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Wk21 Meteor which I bought a few months ago and has become one of my favorite EDC's. It is very compact, goes well with an RCR123 and has 3 well chosen levels (with memory) out of which the medium is good for most uses.
For the price it is surely a good bargain.

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
About two years back I had purchased my bro-in-law and friend XTAR D01's (dive lights) and those have held up reasonably well although on one of them, I did notice that the slider no longer fully shuts off the light from time to time.

I just got two WK25B's and two WK21's as gifts (but may potentially keep one of each). These are also pretty good quality, however pale in comparison to the finalized production XTAR S1. Rock solid construction all around and the build quality is simply top notch. I was also able to verify the output and am pretty happy it exceeded mfg claims thus far. I'll be reviewing it in the coming weeks and will post my impressions then but of course it'll be based on a limited sample set of their lights.

Was there a particular concern or question you had in mind?

Cheers,
Tim

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nothing in particular. Just not much discussion here on them for what appears to be a premium light. I was also interested in the tactical series. It seems to be a fairly interesting product

Danielight

Enlightened
I don't own any of their lights, but I do have the Xtar MP1S single-cell charger, and it's a decent little device. If the quality of their lights is anything like my charger, then they should be good.

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
I have all the chargers, WK21 and S1.

Their specialty are chargers and dive lights. Other than that, the WK21 is a super bargain for what it is/offers and the S1 is just plain fun. Everything else is somewhat unexciting...

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a review of the S1, check my sig line.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse brevity and typos.

Racer

Enlightened
What's the square looking one that takes an AA? Is that the S1?

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a review of the S1, check my sig line.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse brevity and typos.

Yes saw your review, one reason I asked as a general topic. They have lights with built in charging of 18650's
Interesting tactical series
Dive lights
and the WK1

Just doesn't seem like they get any respecct