OK - thanks to you guys I took the plunge today

Status
Not open for further replies.

HesNot

Enlightened
and feel both elated and terrified. I placed my order for an ARC LSH-P! Too many glowing reviews - the light, the quality, the customer service, the built for a lifetime, etc...

Since the most I've ever spent on a flashlight was around $23.00 for a 4 cell Maglite, this is a big step. Not surprisngly, I'm brimming with enthusiasm to see if the flashlight lives up to all the glowing praise!

dtsoll

Enlightened
HesNot,
I remember very well the first LSH-P I bought. I paid almost full retail for it, 140 bucks. After receiving the light, I walked around in a daze, not believing I had spent "that much" on a light. As the daze began to subside, I started checking out the light out, it began to grow on me and several days later I realized what a quality work of genius I possessed. Any way you slice it up, these gems are worth every penny IMO. Enjoy your LSH-P!! And, welcome to the forum. Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: OK - thanks to you guys I took the plunge toda

HesNot
You never go wrong buying the best, you did good. Not only did you get a great light, your helping to support a great little "Made in America" company.

Mike

HesNot

Enlightened

Got a call yesterday and the dealer said they're out of stock, won't have more until the 28th ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif At least they called me (and promptly I might add) and said they had the LSH-S in stock, but it appears the $20 or so is worth it. I got a good price, but am wondering now if I should have just paid the extra $25 and ordered directly from ARC....

They charged my card already and offered to credit it back - I'm thinking about asking for an upgraded shipping option since their website indicated they were in stock. Thoughts?

Now it looks like I'll have to order an ARC-AAA to satisfy my appetite in the interim /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif (isn't that the forum motto anyway, buy em both!)

Mattman

Enlightened

HesNot, I would definitely get into an AAA. That's where I started a few months ago. It's so cool and tiny that you'll be continuously amazed by it. I'm guessing that you've read enough to know that it's not going to be a super bright light, but that's the only caveat to the AAA. Great runtime and output for the size! If you want to round out a collection, pick up an AA too. It's also an amazing piece of work and is a little brighter than the AAA.

P.S. Since it sounds like you're going to get an LSH-P anyway, be prepared for a certain segment of the population to look down on you for spending that much for a light. People not into cool stuff just don't get it.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
That Arc LSH-P is a great choice, HesNot !

You're off to a great start.

BC

k4jdn

Newly Enlightened

Worth the wait and worth every penny. Go to most any flashlight review site and read what they think about Arc products.

I too started with an Arc LSH-P. Might as well start with the best, since you would eventually buy it anyway.

dtsoll

Enlightened

Funny thing is, no matter how many I am carrying and how many I have at home in the drawer, I still find myself considering giving a new home to the ones that come up on B/S/T. Got to stop......Sickness........Obsession.... Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

HesNot

Enlightened

Hmmm - I couldn't stand the waiting and just added a red ARC AAA (and bought a CMG Infinity Ultra last night at a bricks and mortar shop). I can see adding an ARC AAA white in the future, but I really am looking forward to the red for a lot of my uses.

I'm now officially out of commission for two months at least (financially that is) unless I start looking at some christmas gifts for family/friends.

I really can't wait to see how the LSH-P compares to my incandescents and the CMG Infinity.

Mattman

Enlightened

That's not true, Crash. It's an apples to apples comparison. Dim apples to bright apples! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.