How is the Lumintop P1C? Should I get one?

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been contemplating picking up either a neutral or cool white Lumintop P1C.

I already have a Zebralight SC51, so is it basically the exact same thing, but different battery? They're both XP-G and similarly sized, right? Is it worth picking a P1C up? It's priced at $30.

the L1C looks nice, too, but I don't want that many modes.

Thoughts on the P1C? I was surprised to see there's no review on here of the P1C (16340 sized) or P1A (14500 sized).

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been looking for a good review of this light as well. I'd sure like to know how it performs. I'm hoping it goes into nuclear mode when an RCR is in the tank. :anyone:

papageorgio

Newly Enlightened
I have a p1c and love it!!! Tiny light and puts out as much light as my malkoff m61w in a 6p body. Throws light well and has a great beam. Not a perfect beam on a white wall, but you can't go wrong for the price. I have quite a collection of lights including an h51 zebralight and I use the lumintop the most. Also...it throws almost as far as my quark aa2 turbo! The clip leaves a little to be desired, but the light is so small its pocketable. It's a bargain... Jason at tactical hid is a pleasure to deal with. I had originally purchased a Xeno eo3 and wasn't pleased and happily exchanged it for me. I couldn't be happier with this light.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
The P1C is a good tiny thrower light. The price is actually quite a bargain. If you want more modes and a strobe with an SS bezel, then get the L1C. Both are top quality tiny throwers from lumintop. Bought one by accident more than a year ago, loved it ever since. :)

Excellent thrower EDC. Sure there are better ones out there, but these two are best "bang for buck". :)

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
The P1C and L1C are like little hidden gems, the L1C came out previous to the P1C and the L1C has a forward switch you changed changed modes via head twist. Cool thing was early in it's release the L1C came with a removable pocket clip you could attach by taking the tailcap apart, I won't even try to imply how it came apart and the clip attached but it worked pretty good.

Not to long after the L1C was released Lumintop introduced the P1C which was almost the same as the L1C with the difference being the P1C has a reverse clicky and two modes compared to the L1C's three modes. The P1C was less expensive although both shared the XP-G and generally the same size and head.

On high the beams of the two are identical, really good throw with pretty good spill. They are light's that disappear in the pocket and are very comfortable in the hand, no rough edges and great palm size.

I've always though of them as a really good alternative to Surefire's E1B at a small fraction of the price, great light's and given the price one of the best bargain light's out there IMO.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I definitely agree! :) Hidden gems indeed.

I'm glad to still see some enthusiasm for these little light's it seems like from time to time someone will ask about the P1C or L1C and every time I feel like I'm screaming from the mountain top.. YES BUY ONE (or buy two while you can).

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks everyone! and also thanks to yalls feedback I've ordered a neutral white P1C from EDC+ and it looks like after the one I ordered, there's only one more left in stock, so order it if you want a NW thrower (at least yall seem to indicate it's a good thrower, but i haven't received mine yet haha)

thanks everyone! i'll report back with my NW P1C findings

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any chance either one of these L1C or P1C lights will fit an 18350 cell? Or does it at least look like there might be enough room to bore it out enough?

Also, on the L1C do you HAVE to cycle through the SOS and strobe modes to get from high back to low? And does it have memory or does it always start on low?

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any chance either one of these L1C or P1C lights will fit an 18350 cell? Or does it at least look like there might be enough room to bore it out enough?

Also, on the L1C do you HAVE to cycle through the SOS and strobe modes to get from high back to low? And does it have memory or does it always start on low?
good question about 18350s, i wish i had one to test it out for when my P1C arrives. if i do get one before anyone gets back to you i'll let you kno :)

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes the L1C remembers the last output you switched to or rather with output you chose by twisting the head (loosen/tighten). My L1C doesn't have any blinky modes.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
so my NW P1C came in from EDC+ and hooooooooooooooooooooly cow I like this light. it really is a great thrower as yall said!! :D

only thing is finding a second one, since EDC+ is now out of the NW P1Cs. anyone still selling NW variants?

bfksc

Newly Enlightened
so my NW P1C came in from EDC+ and hooooooooooooooooooooly cow I like this light. it really is a great thrower as yall said!! :D
only thing is finding a second one, since EDC+ is now out of the NW P1Cs. anyone still selling NW variants?
Perhaps give HKequipment.net a try. I couldn't find a NW version of the Lumintop ED20 but they were suggested to me by a fellow CPF'er. They have the both the cool and neutral white models of the ED20 available. Price was reasonable with free shipping, and Stanley at HK said they test the lights before shipping, and response via email is fairly quick. Will report on the light when it arrives here in Canada in a couple weeks.
:)

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jason at tactical hid..great guy
if only, but EDC+ is what Tactical HID is now known as. I agree he's a great dude though :)
Perhaps give HKequipment.net a try. I couldn't find a NW version of the Lumintop ED20 but they were suggested to me by a fellow CPF'er. They have the both the cool and neutral white models of the ED20 available. Price was reasonable with free shipping, and Stanley at HK said they test the lights before shipping, and response via email is fairly quick. Will report on the light when it arrives here in Canada in a couple weeks.
:)
thank you for the suggestion, it looks like they've only got the CW variant of the P1C though, perhaps I should go to Lumintop directly?

bfksc

Newly Enlightened
thank you for the suggestion, it looks like they've only got the CW variant of the P1C though, perhaps I should go to Lumintop directly?
You can try that or contact HKequipment and ask about a NW version. That's what I did and one is on the way now...

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
:thinking:QUESTIONS!?!:thinking:

1. Can the P1C or L1C take an 18350?
2. Tailcap reading for either on an IMR?
3. Both are now forward clickies they claim...confirmation anyone?
4. P1C tailstands but the L1C doesn't?
5. Lux at 1m?

Thanks! :thumbsup: