Fenix TX60

jkingrph

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered a Fenix tx60, rechargeable batteries and charger. I researched lights and wanted one with a high output capability but also a long run time and this seems to be a good balance. I have several smaller c123 Surefires but they are so small as to be misplaced and overlooked easily, and I was looking for a big flashlight to tuck under the bed.

I did look at the tx 70 but it is just too big and too expensive. There might be a home defense incident where the extra output would be advantageous, but I'm thinking up close the back light from 2000 lumens might blind or hinder my not great eyesight and I will probably be more than adequately served with the 800 lumen max light.

fonzerelli

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered a Fenix tx60, rechargeable batteries and charger. I researched lights and wanted one with a high output capability but also a long run time and this seems to be a good balance. I have several smaller c123 Surefires but they are so small as to be misplaced and overlooked easily, and I was looking for a big flashlight to tuck under the bed.

I did look at the tx 70 but it is just too big and too expensive. There might be a home defense incident where the extra output would be advantageous, but I'm thinking up close the back light from 2000 lumens might blind or hinder my not great eyesight and I will probably be more than adequately served with the 800 lumen max light.

Hello, from a first time poster, long time addict!

I assume you are referring to the TK series, not TX. That out of the way, I'm not sure there really is an appreciable difference in size between the two lights, though the weight difference is significant.

The TK70 - 405mm (Length) x 40mm (Diameter) x 106mm (Head) 769-gram weight (excluding batteries)

The TK60 - 354mm (Length) x 40mm (Diameter) x 62.5mm (Head) 407-gram weight (excluding batteries)

You don't HAVE to run the 70 at 2200 lumens. In fact, you can run the 70 at 930 for about fifteen minutes longer than you can run the 60 at 800 lumens.

Trust: 88.5 %
6v8NHyiziHbF3JgAAAAASUVORK5CYII=
Trust: 88.5 %
6v8NHyiziHbF3JgAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

lwknight

Enlightened
Too late , its already ordered.
O.T.O.H. the TK60 probably makes a better baton (club) for up close self defense work

Jay611j

Enlightened
The TK60 is awesome. I use mine with only 3 cells and get great runtimes, and in no way do I regret getting one.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
The tk60 looks less monstrous and more useable than the TK70 ;)
I saw the TK70 at my local dealer and I thought to my self :eek:oo: I can't belt carry that ;)

jkingrph

Newly Enlightened
Yerp already ordered the TK60. When I saw a photo comparision of size I quickly ruled out the TK70, besides I can get almost two of the TK60's for the price of the TK70.

BullsEyeLantern

Newly Enlightened
The TK60 is a fine light, but as I already had a TK41 with similar light performance I opted for the TK70 using bday money. I am actually going to use a small tactical shoulder bag to carry the TK70 as it is a monster.

fonzerelli

Newly Enlightened
The tk60 looks less monstrous and more useable than the TK70 ;)
I saw the TK70 at my local dealer and I thought to my self :eek:oo: I can't belt carry that ;)

I am envious of everyone on here that has local options for seeing some of these higher end flashlights in person, so you do not have to commit to buying one sight unseen.

I don't suppose anyone knows of a place in New England, say around where Maine, New Hampshire and Massachusetts all roughly converge?