Olight M20 Warrior Warranty? Should I get a M20s-x?

RichTJ99

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

In june of 2009 I purchased a M20 & a M30. I have really loved these two lights, the M20 I tend to carry around due to its size & the M30 I keep in my car.

My main reason for flashlights is dog walking (at least in my last home). I am moving to a 3 acre home & I have noticed that I keep having issues with my two Olights.

My M20 seems just not to be as bright, when twisting the cap to adjust the light levels, it just doesnt get as bright as it used to. I have changed the batteries & it goes through the 4 settings but it just seems weaker. Maybe the bulb is going?

The M30 is getting very flakey - It works well but if you shake the light, it 'forgets' whatever setting it had & defaults to the low setting. Other times, it just goes off, you shake it, it will go back on after clicking it a few times. Overall, its not reliable.

Can I send these back to Olight for repair?

On the other hand, the new M20S-X looks like its much brighter and reasonably priced for an OCD flashlight person like me. I just wonder, is 3 years of very light, non abusive usage a typical lifespan?

I really like the light but they have been pretty much babied & are both not working well.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks,
Rich

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Often cleaning all the contact points and tightening the retaining ring in the tail will help. Good luck! Have you checked the voltage of the batteries when hot off the charger?

r_x

Newly Enlightened
Often cleaning all the contact points and tightening the retaining ring in the tail will help.

Another recommendation to try this. I have to do the same every couple months on my M20.

As for the output on the M20, I also found mine lacking in output. I ordered an XM-L T6 emitter on a 16mm board from DX and swapped emitters from the stock R2 and it made a huge difference in output. I lost some of the throw, but the flood was a significant increase over the stock emitter.

Last edited:

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's also a complete drop in replacement light assembly available for the M20 in both T6 and U2 XML varieties from Olight for less than $40.00. Several of our CPF dealers carry them. That along with a good cleaning of the bare aluminum contact points of the head, tube, and tailcap might be all you need.