Hilarious light

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
This made me laugh.

I'm reading this review of the
Snow Peak Hozuki LED Lantern with Candle Mode

"A big selling point for me was the candle light mode. It works but the snow peak engineers thought it would be funny if the light would also turn off is you tip it too much, bump it, or make a very load noise. That's funny the first time...."
-
http://www.rei.com/product/818880/snow-peak-hozuki-led-lantern-with-candle-mode

TEEJ

Flashaholic
This made me laugh.

I'm reading this review of the
Snow Peak Hozuki LED Lantern with Candle Mode

"A big selling point for me was the candle light mode. It works but the snow peak engineers thought it would be funny if the light would also turn off is you tip it too much, bump it, or make a very load noise. That's funny the first time...."
-
http://www.rei.com/product/818880/snow-peak-hozuki-led-lantern-with-candle-mode

Makes me think of a flickering candle as the model for early PMW

qwertyydude

Flashlight Enthusiast
$89, I'd much rather have my Solarforce L2P with lantern head attachment and pocket the savings.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah... 89$ and if there is a loud noise or it's dropped or tipped it goes out, lol!
In fairness, the candle mode can be turned off and it'll stay lit when encountering loud noises etc.
Good for ghost stories I suppose.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I haven't seriously considered it, and no one here seems to be either, what's funny to me is a mode that is so true to it's "mode" that It Sucks!!! Here's a loud noise, damn, my light went out... I leaned over too far, damn, my light went out... I paid 80+$ for this light, damn it's out again, bwahahah!
If it was 5$ and "candle" mode only I'd get a couple for special occasions and special very appropriate recipients.

Don't worry, ya'll talking about the cost, I know good and well, it's nearly half the cost of an HDS, 2/3 the cost of a Predator, nearly 1/3 the cost of a Deft EDC LR... There's lots better to spend scarce $ on.

my#1hobby

Enlightened
This review had me laughing.... "The candle mode is useless, I don't know if it is the pitch of my voice, but every time I spoke the lamp would shut off." :crackup:

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's some funny stuff - not sure how loud noises blow out a real candle though.

qwertyydude

Flashlight Enthusiast
^^^ Mythbusters covered that issue already. Loud sounds can put out an open flame, but we're talking some seriously loud sound though.