Gerber Infinity Ultra Question

JNieporte

Enlightened
I want to smooth out the "reflector" of a Gerber Infinity Ultra. It's anodized, and I'm looking to polish it to shiny aluminum. I don't have the light yet, so I have to ask a few questions...
Can the head be unscrewed from the body without messing up the finish?
I want to remove the LED from the head to prevent scratching it. Is the LED glued into the head, or just threaded? I want to make sure I can put it back in there without special tools.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want to smooth out the "reflector" of a Gerber Infinity Ultra. It's anodized, and I'm looking to polish it to shiny aluminum. I don't have the light yet, so I have to ask a few questions...
Can the head be unscrewed from the body without messing up the finish?
I want to remove the LED from the head to prevent scratching it. Is the LED glued into the head, or just threaded? I want to make sure I can put it back in there without special tools.
If it runs on a bullet-shaped 5mm LED you won't get much benefit. Their optics are internal to the epoxy package. The only 'scattered' light to be focused with a reflector is the dim ring of output at about 50 degrees off axis. This isn't much light, and smooth aluminum (Not electroplated) isn't likely to do much. That said... try here:
clicky

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only 1.5v no Li-Ion, Energizer Lithium is okay at 1.6v and runs okay on a NiMH but can drain the battery pretty deep if you let it go

moderator007

Enlightened
Thanks. Can the stock Gerber Infinity Ultra run on a 14500 without damage?
Its been a while since I modded mine but seems like I remember trying a 14500 and the led turned blue (Not sure though). I swapped the led out with a higher mcd led with a tighter view angle so that not so much light would would be lost in floody beam. Isn't very bright but is brighter than stock and makes a good walk around the house light at night. I did scratch the the housing trying to get it apart. Mine was glued pretty good. Took a lot of force to get it apart.

Last edited: