Simple design mods? Heres my chrome ring mod

ev13wt

Newly Enlightened
On a Fenix E15 light. I used some silver sticker foil, the stuff used to make cut out stickers, plotted 2 rectangles and made myself some chrome rings. Why? Because I saw the foil and thought, hey: "Lets play with the stuff!"

I thought about machining away the areas because when I bought it, I looked at several lights in the package to find the most centered, perfect looking one. Never looked at the engravings, but one the one I chose the "F" from the Fenix logo had some of the white missing. No deal breaker, but hey! I could also have used sandpaper on it, but decided to do this. Pros: Removable. I have white and red sticker foil as well. :p

Anyone else paint, sticker, sandpaper/machine off or otherwise do any simple "design" mods to their lights? Post a pic!

1zz57oo.jpg

Last edited:

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
That looks really nice...can't even tell from the photo that it's just a sticker. Very clean.

I love modding lights visually, although I have none to share here because I tend to go all out - machine new parts, cerakoting, emitter and LE changes and so forth. I can't stop tinkering lol.

ev13wt

Newly Enlightened
Thanks! Once one starts to mod the bug bites hard. A sticker isn't a hard mod - but now I want to build my own light. :/ Can't stop thinking about it.

ev13wt

Newly Enlightened
So I got bold and set the head into the lathe. Since I'm a complete noob I didn't take out the lens (plastic) and it now features some lovely scratches ... :(

But the bezel looks pretty cool. Now I need to figure out which tool to use to do the parts where the stickers are. :? Off to reading!

ka2uqb.jpg

sunny_nites

Enlightened
Just gotta revive these old threads when it feels right :p

i think the Fenix E15 is a great little sleeper light and I'm glad to see anyone doing any kind of mods on it! Kudos to you!!