• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: 1500 lumen Maglites.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi everyone :wave:,

I put together a couple of light engines for Mag recently. These are "Snapple" engines cuz there made from the best stuff on earth :)

These engines are mounted on a Britelumens anodized heat sink. The emitter is a top bin cool white SST-90 (1200 lumens @ 3.1A).

magliteengines005.jpg

I used over sized silver coated 20G teflon wire to power them.

magliteengines001.jpg

Finally last but certainly not least the driver that IMO ranks #1 in the world as far as flashlights go the H6flex from Taskled.

magliteengines004.jpg

For those of you not familiar with this driver it is capable of driving the LED to a full 6.6A at max. It can be powered with 7-21V, thats up to 5 li-ion.

The driver has a wide range of capabilities and settings including ramping up and down through multiple levels of brightness.

For more info.
http://www.taskled.com/techh6flex.html
http://www.taskled.com/leds/h6flexuni3_v1.00.pdf

I left these engines out of the host so the buyer can choose a host and a power source.

What is included in the sale.

1x light engine with above specs. Fully programmed with your choice of options.
1x choice of standard Maglite host custom fit for individual power source. ( Example 2D mag using 2x 26650s or 6D mag using 6 NIMH cells etc)
1x Borofloat lens.

Price is $235>$215 Shipped (SOLD)

PP is vesture_of_blood(@)hotmail.com

Last edited:

sadtimes

Enlightened
Vesture,

Where did you get that block that is holding this stuff together?

Very nice lights!

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: 1500 lumen Maglites.

Thanks drmalenko. Ya know I've had that for so long I couldn't even remember what it was called. I had to look it up :) Its called a peg clamp. When I got mine it came on the top of a little handle so I removed it and put it on a flat board. Very very handy for flashlight work.

thundertree

Enlightened

I was interested having this in a build using the 6D mag as host with 6 NIMH cells. I just had a few questions in understanding the voltage listed of 7-21V and how running with 6 NIMH cells might affect performance in that 6 cells would barely go over 7v (assuming at least 1 day rested off of the charger). I also wanted to run by you the thought that I actually have a 1D & 2D mag extensions. So, I could also run this with 7 or 8 NIMH D cells with an extension in place. Would that offer any performance gain?

Much thanks and nice looking light engine!

sadtimes

Enlightened

Thanks drmalenko. Ya know I've had that for so long I couldn't even remember what it was called. I had to look it up :) Its called a peg clamp. When I got mine it came on the top of a little handle so I removed it and put it on a flat board. Very very handy for flashlight work.

Thanks! been needing one of those for a while...

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

I was interested having this in a build using the 6D mag as host with 6 NIMH cells. I just had a few questions in understanding the voltage listed of 7-21V and how running with 6 NIMH cells might affect performance in that 6 cells would barely go over 7v (assuming at least 1 day rested off of the charger). I also wanted to run by you the thought that I actually have a 1D & 2D mag extensions. So, I could also run this with 7 or 8 NIMH D cells with an extension in place. Would that offer any performance gain?

Much thanks and nice looking light engine!

I think its possible the engine would actually run on 6 cells. I have never tried it but if its a make or break situation I could hook one up and see. Adding a 7th/8th cell would increase the runtime and ensure that the light stayed in regulation on max, but 6.6A would still be the top end for output.

thundertree

Enlightened

I think its possible the engine would actually run on 6 cells. I have never tried it but if its a make or break situation I could hook one up and see. Adding a 7th/8th cell would increase the runtime and ensure that the light stayed in regulation on max, but 6.6A would still be the top end for output.

Thanks for checking into running on 6 cells for me. I'm locked into using only NiMH cells, and I am trying to come up with some configuration that insures that I'm comfortably in regulation on full power. I'm also open to using 7 NiMH "C" cells if you think you can come up with a sleeve that works.

Thanks again for all your efforts!

thundertree

Enlightened

:paypal: from thundertree for:

SST-90 6D Maglite Build @ 6.6A using 7 to 8 NiMH cells
1x Borofloat lens
Maglite choice 6D - Black

(Unique Transaction ID # 34V04849L7371094J)

Thanks again for all your help!

thundertree

Enlightened

Much thanks, Matt!

I received the light yesterday, and I was able to take it out for a "spin" last night. Excellent build! Really great balance of throw with a surprising amount of light in the spill area as well. Well done and I look forward to seeing your future builds!

Latest posts