Is the FireFly the future of flashlight design?

MY

Enlightened
I just got my FireFly and I am most impressed. Even though the small size is what gets everyone one's attention, it is the ability to replace the sandwich that I think is the most impressive feature. Future replacement sandwiches will obviously be more powerful than what is currently offered. With the Firefly, all you have to do is drop in a new and more wonderful sandwich and instantly get a updated light. The light will never get obsolete. When different wattage sandwiches come available, a replacement battery tube in all that is needed. Truely modular in design. About the only thing else I can think of would be a dimmer replacement tail function. Maybe the ARC LS4 will have user replaceable LED modules in the future?

What do you think?

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
MY,

I think when more efficient, and otherwise better LED emitters evolve, we will have better flashlights. Currently, HID technology is more efficient, and who knows where it may lead. OLEDS offer an interesting future. As to the Firefly- uh, well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Larry