Nitecore TM11 vs Lupine Betty TL-S

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Hi there,

I received one Lupine Betty TL-S and want to compare it with the Nitecore TM11.
First, some pictures about the size of these two flashlights, and later a face to face comparison. Hope you'll like it ;)

Lupine Betty TL-S

7*XML, 45 mn at 2600 lumens with beam angle 26° :

IMG_4119_800.jpg

Nitecore TM11 , 1h15 at 2000 lumens, 3*XML

IMG_4117_800.jpg

Size comparison

IMG_4123_800.jpg

IMG_4111_800.jpg

IMG_4114_800.jpg

Lupine Betty TL-S head

IMG_4109_800.jpg

I will tell you more after some days of use...please be patient :)

Last edited:

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Hey Beam :wave:

Héhé, I understand that you need Beam (shot) comparison, I wanted to do that this week but here it's raining with lot of wind, so I will try next week.

My first impression is that the Lupine 26° angle is a pure floody light compared to the TM11, but Lupine make the Betty TL also with 16° and 22° angle, you have the choice between the three. I will add progressively my impression about these two lights. :devil:

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
This looks awesome.

IIRC, I saw a video of the Betty bike light where they explained:
the 26° 2600lm version uses 7 x XML
the 22° 2300lm version uses mixture of XML and XPG
the 16° 2050lm version uses 7 x XPG

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
interesting light... price of the lupine?

Quick check of the net found it listed at 545 euros ($719 U.S. at current exchange rates) for the light + battery, or 595 Euros ($785) for the full set that includes light + battery + charger.

the Betty looks like a great light... but it's not exactly in the same price range as the TM11.

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the size factor of the Lupine much better. I wish someone would make one but cheaper of course.

I also didn't know there was an optic available for the XML - obviously so!

Just noticed on their site that there is a 16 degree option for the beam angle too (in addition to the 26 degree).

Thanks in advance for doing this comparison review!

Last edited:

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Quick check of the net found it listed at 545 euros ($719 U.S. at current exchange rates) for the light + battery, or 595 Euros ($785) for the full set that includes light + battery + charger.
the Betty looks like a great light... but it's not exactly in the same price range as the TM11.

Indeed, it's roughly 2X the price of the TM11. But it is German hand made vs Chinese industrial made, not the same cost to produce. It's a Rolex vs a Tissot. :nana:

Wow, the Lupine was looking promising until I saw the price tag! :eek:

Yup, understand, but some Titanium flashlight was sold for more if I am correct ;) (I remember that I bought some ;) )

Please guy be patient, I will try to add more comparison arguments but I could do that only at week-end...

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I like the size factor of the Lupine much better. I wish someone would make one but cheaper of course.

I also didn't know there was an optic available for the XML - obviously so!

Just noticed on their site that there is a 16 degree option for the beam angle too (in addition to the 26 degree).

Thanks in advance for doing this comparison review!

The TM11 is $150 now....and a DRY 3 XML is ~ $68 for ~ 3,300 lumens.

:D

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
I like all your impassioned comments.. :)
Some of you like the TM11 much and other the Lupine, it's a choice that I couldn't make, so I got the two ;)

Those two lights are really bright, I like the TM11 design too and maybe much than the Lupine one. But I like the compactness and light weight of the Lupine more than the TM11...Hummm difficult choice isn't it ? :wave:

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like all your impassioned comments.. :)
Some of you like the TM11 much and other the Lupine, it's a choice that I couldn't make, so I got the two ;)

Those two lights are really bright, I like the TM11 design too and maybe much than the Lupine one. But I like the compactness and light weight of the Lupine more than the TM11...Hummm difficult choice isn't it ? :wave:

If at all possible, ALWAYS get both :thumbsup:

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice small size but the look is not appealing, more like "Lupfire"...

Last edited:

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Frenchy,

Looking forward to your findings. I was about to pull the trigger on the Betty TL (full version) and a Wilma TL.... once I have the 2 of them then I guess I too will be able to create a Betty TL-S by using the head of the Betty TL and the battery pack from the Wilma TL.

After now thinking about this even closer I probably won't even get the Wilma TL at all. Better off just getting the Betty TL-s in a 26 degree/2600 lumen setup and still be able to produce the same output of the Wilma TL when necessary while only being slightly larger and a tiny bit heavier.

Very interested in your findings and beam shots.

thx

Last edited:

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Hey Cue,

If you want a Betty TL-S, just add a 2,5 Ah battery for Tesla TL1200 to your order of the Betty TL. :)

Hmmm for beam shots I need that the weather get better...it is raining and it is like this each evening :(

But I will try tomorrow again :)

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
TurboBB just measured the DRY 3 XML at Photon Fest 18, he measured it as 3,300 L OTF. His readings for the other lights at the PF18 were in agreement with known OTF numbers from Selfbuilt, etc. The TM11 for example was right at 2k lumens where it was expected to be, etc.

The DRY is more heavily driven than expected...and in the field, visibly brighter than the TM11.

But how long can the dry be "really" run @ 3300 lumens 30 seconds? Then how many lumens after step down?
I would trust the TM11 for reliability for work before the dry - if you really want a cheap screamer that will beat the dry you could get the new skyray L2 that has 7x XML with 5000 lumen and runs on 2 or 3 26650's for $78.

Last edited:

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Saw the TM11 at PF18 - nice light. I have a Lupine Wilma TL. They are very high quality and well thought out designs. Interchangeable battery packs, fully upgradeable lens assembly and packaging is the best. ( Padded case, leather holster etc.)
I'll be selling my Wilma soon ,but only to fund a Betty TL. !!