Good websites for parts?

waxycap

Newly Enlightened
I bought a Maglite and might try to mod it one day, (or some other flashlight).
But... for all intents and purposes is there a go-to website for flashlight modding parts? both LED and incan types? (besides CPF marketplace) :thinking:

Last edited:

yazovyet

Enlightened
in general you need 3 catagoies of things; electronics (driver, LED), hardware (i.e. a heatsink, battery holders), and consumables (thermal paste,wire, solder). in my experience i already have wire/solder and found that the best items in each catagory were held by different sources; no one source had the best of everything. I'd say you should put together a list of needed items then search for the best (price/quality) source for each (make sure you check shipping costs).

theres a (google) search function you can use that should help you find post about commonly used website sources or how to guides for modding maglites

waxycap

Newly Enlightened
I'm not really looking to build from scratch or modify the body of a flashlight by cutting holes or soldering wires, but if I have to...
Basically, I want to try putting a quality LED into a Maglite, use a better reflector, and keep the current batteries the way they are (C, D, or AA)

Agator007

Newly Enlightened
I think you can either get really into modifying and scratch building (soldering, cutting metal etc.), or just buy a flashlight from Deal Extreme for like $25. In my experience there's not much middle ground. Hope the thought helps some.

Mylt1

Newly Enlightened
I'm not really looking to build from scratch or modify the body of a flashlight by cutting holes or soldering wires, but if I have to...
Basically, I want to try putting a quality LED into a Maglite, use a better reflector, and keep the current batteries the way they are (C, D, or AA)
if thats all you're looking to do then a simple google search for "maglight LED upgrade" will net you everything you need.