LS swapping

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrunner192

Newly Enlightened
Not that I'm really thinking about having it done anytime soon because I am perfectly happy with my LSL-S and as of now it suits my purposes just right, but I was wondering how difficult it is to swap out the LS and put in another one at a later time. And if I were to have someone else do it, around how much would it cost? I know it would void the golden warranty but it would be good to know for later down the line if it becomes neccessary. Oh yeah, just got the 2AA clickie pack and was blessed enough to get an anodized 123 twisty, such great products and the best service of any company in the world! God bless Peter and all the good stuff that he keeps throwing our way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

E21HLJ

Newly Enlightened
If you want to do it your self, I just asked some one and did it on my LSH-P 2nd. here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. The difficult part is to disassemble it with out destroy anything /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

E21HLJ

Newly Enlightened
I'm not sure about the board of LSL and LSH but my guess is it should be OK /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.
To get everything out, I gather from reading around the board that if you scrape the metallic paste out you will find a second hole on the retaining ring and just use a pair of tweezer to turn the ring out to get to the board and the second retaining ring for the optic.
I guess there are many version of ARC LS head, I'm not sure that yours are the same as mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif.
You can also see in my post on MOD page and follow link to UFOKILLERZ page he has a step by step with pics on how to do this /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Status
Not open for further replies.