ArmyTek Viking X....

CrazyIvan2011

Enlightened
I have just received my Viking X, and it is another great light by ArmyTek!

I have a Predator as well, and I liked it that much, that i wanted to buy another light from them. I do have some points to critisise however. Im not sure I prefer the 'line 2' modes, having to cycle from low to medium and high by switching on and off. It would be ok, if it had memory?

And I have only seen 1 or 2 videos of the light, and the beam seems to have the corona, then a noticeable ring after that. Mine has this, and the tint of it seems a little green. Is this normal? Its only being a little picky, I mean the flood/throw combo on this is awesome! And the feel in the hand, and finish etc is just superb!

I just haven't heard much about this light, after it was first announced on here? Do people have any good beam shots to compare mine to?

Are there any plans of any new ArmyTek lights on the horizon? I would love an EDC, and a big thrower version!

CrazyIvan2011

Enlightened
... I was also wondering if anyone has the new version of the Predator (2012 model)?

What's the difference from the G109.01 version? I can see it now has the grip ring, and appears to have a thicker bezel, but is that it?

And im sure I have heard people say there are neutral tint versions...where at, as I haven't seen any for sale, in the UK anyway.

CrazyIvan2011

Enlightened
... I was also wondering if anyone has the new version of the Predator (2012 model)?

What's the difference from the G109.01 version? I can see it now has the grip ring, and appears to have a thicker bezel, but is that it?

And im sure I have heard people say there are neutral tint versions...where at, as I haven't seen any for sale, in the UK anyway.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast

i have two Predator 2012 models and they're great. i don't believe they're any different other than the body design and combat ring :)

to get a NW or high CRI version just PM (on the MP) or email ArmyTek.

and for what it's worth, my two predators are both CW, but one is silver (with smooth reflector) and one is all black (OP reflector).

CrazyIvan2011

Enlightened

So do they not actually sell them as standard? I would like a neutral version. I have a HDS high CRI on the waiting list, so a neutral would be best. I mean I love my current predator, its one I keep going back to. Not to say the Viking is not going to be loved either :) But once you get use to the predator UI, it is great to have its flexibility.

I could probably justify buying another predator, if I got it with a different tint.