AA Cone Diffuser Double as Battery Holder?

CalgaryGuy

Enlightened
I rememver seeing some kind of AA Cone Diffuser that came with a small cap at the end. With the cap on, it became a battery holder for a single AA battery.

However, I don't remember who makes that diffuser and see if anyone here can help. Thanks.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had seen a nitecore rounded diffuser with a cap that actually was a red filter and was able to fit a battery. I tried to buy it for my Nitecore Infinity Defender a few months ago but it was out of stock. I'd post a link to a pic but it's on a retailer website. Could be wrong but I think it was originally designed for the Nitecore X10. if you google it I'm sure you are going to find it. Hope it helps.

Edit: If we are talking about the same one it was actually the diffuser for the D10 and not the X10. It seems a few online stores still sell it in the US.

Last edited:

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
What flashlight were you planning to use it on? It should fit any light with a 19 mm head diameter.
A couple of stores still seem to have it in stock!

CalgaryGuy

Enlightened
Actually, I was going to just buy a flashlight with that add-on. At this point, I haven't picked up anything yet but from my knowledge, I need something at least 200 lumen as most camping lantern are 200 to 300 lumen.

Last year, I was debating about buying that diffuser but settle for the Zebra H51 headlamp. I just was hoping that by now, a 200+ lumen running on a Sanyo Eneloop would come out with a decent Diffuser. I'll look around for a bright light with a 19 mm head.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are ready to drop a few lumens, you can take a look at the at the Klarus XT1A: it's rated at 150 and there are a white and red diffuser available. They can't be used to store batteries though as they don't have a cap.
Otherwise the Fenix LD10: is only rated at 100 lumes but to me it appears to be even slighly brighter than the Klarus XT1A.

I don't know if there is a 200+ 1xx flashlight and there probably is one but I'd expect runtimes to be poor. Could be wrong though.

CalgaryGuy

Enlightened
I think that I might go with the Fenix LD12. It's not great but I do like the run time of more than 2 hours at 115 Lumen.

Zebralight SC51 will actually do 200 lumens but runtime is a little under 1 hour.

I've written to NiteCore indicating that I wish they'll bring back "Multi-functions diffuser and red filter set". If they do reply, I'll post it here.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
The LD12 seems to be a great light. I was considering buying it myself a couple of months ago and went for the LD10 instead because I mind the twist heads rather than head switch.
The LD12 does have a few improvements on the LD10: besides runtime, the forward clicky and the memory definitely come in handy.

If you want diffusers for the LD12, you have plenty of choice: transparent white diffuser cone, red diffuser cone, flip-up diffuser, red filter, traffic wand! Actually there is an accessory set that came out at the end of 2010 that is great value: it includes the transparent the white diffuser cone, the flip-up white diffuser, the red filter, and the traffic wand and it should sell for around $10. I think I saw it still in stock on Amazon not long ago!

If you want something to carry batteries you can just buy a PowerPax or a Batuca battery case: they carry four batteries though.