New Zebralight h600 doesn't even show battery orientation... unbelievable!

witness

Newly Enlightened
I just got the H600 which uses a battery that requires some knowledge and vigilance and neither the light itself or the instructions indicate the orientation of the battery. I'm stunned by the level of incompetence this reflects. Many kinds of modern electronics can be damaged with incorrect polarity and I'm afraid to even put the battery in.

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I can't speak to the instructions (as I do not own a H600), the battery should be inserted positive end towards the head and negative towards the tail.

hook63

Newly Enlightened
While I can't speak to the instructions (as I do not own a H600), the battery should be inserted positive end towards the head and negative towards the tail.
Like all other fashlights

witness

Newly Enlightened

Thanx, that's what I thought but certainly not going to risk anything with a battery that can actually blow up.

I don't own a bunch of flashlights so what does that mean... I have to go out and buy another flashlight to find out how this one works? or...
Is it just that Zebralight just isn't interested in people new to flashlights? and....
How much does it take to put a + sign on the case or write a single sentence in the instructions (right after they warn of the dangers).

Last edited:

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
To be fair to the OP, not all flashlights use this orientation. The iTP R01, as well as the newly released Spark SK3/SK7, to name a few, require that the battery be inserted with the positive end towards the tailcap.

Thanx, that's what I thought but certainly not going to risk anything with a battery that can actually blow up.
No worries, it's better to be safe than sorry. :)

This video shows the battery in the tube at about the 1:24 mark.

Last edited:

Connor

Enlightened

I don't own a bunch of flashlights so what does that mean... I have to go out and buy another flashlight to find out how this one works? or...
Is it just that Zebralight just isn't interested in people new to flashlights?

It's more of a common sense / common knowledge thing. Plus goes towards the head, which is true for almost all flashlights. It is kind of unusual that one buys a top of the line LED flashlight with LiIon batteries and a LiIon charger without knowing this basic fact.
Besides your tone needs improvement - that is, if your intention isn't just to troll the brand for some reason.

Last edited: