1W Makes 7,730 Lux On Regular C Batteries...

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Yes, it is true, I just built it and have the light right here in my hand. And when I shine my own Space Needle II at a known marked distance of 120 yards, this light is able to superimpose its own beam over it.

I thought about it, still could not believe it, and went back out and tried it once more -- yep, did it again...

But my Sony ImageStation picture hosting site is down right now and I cannot post photos of the beam, or the light, or even the proof (which is normally a pic of the little screen on my bright orange LM631 light meter) but I shall on the morrow, as soon as Sony gets its site back up. Stay tuned...

rookie

Enlightened
WOW!!!!

Another great creation from Mr. Bulk!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

jtice

Flashaholic
:O WOW !!!!
Details! Details!

That is wild. What mA are you diving that thing at?
Is the head of the light melted yet?

snuffy

Enlightened
Somebody /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif could be starting to deplete my xmas budget at the rate he's coming out with new mods. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

ufokillerz

Enlightened
my mag 2c with a q3j driven by a BB750 hit 6800 lux =) you must have a R2 that i dont have =\ 1 watters are remarkable when it comes to throw vs a 5 watter.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Thanks for looking guys.

Ticey, it runs at right about 900mah.

UFO, mine is "only" a Q3J as well...dang ImageStation Still not up...?

Banshee

Enlightened
CW..I can host it for you on my comcast page if you are eager to strut yer stuff...

Sproing

Newly Enlightened
Awesome!

I can see it now.. Space Needle III's using U-ranked Luxeon III's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Please put me in line, Charlie /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Dang, get up this morning and ImageStation is STILL not up!

May have to take Banshee up on his kind offer.

But yeah, should be cheap-running on a few C's as opposed to CR123's or multiple AA's.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Just went to ImageStation and got this notice:

"IMPORTANT NOTICE FROM IMAGESTATION

Sony ImageStation is currently unavailable for use. The site downtime is only temporary and is part of our ongoing efforts to improve the ImageStation service for your better enjoyment.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thank you for your continued support,

The ImageStation Team

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, is it 3 cells and direct drive? 2 cells and a DC-DC converter? Please tell!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

S4MadMan

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
Just went to ImageStation and got this notice:

[/ QUOTE ]

Charlie, if you want, e-mail me the pics, I'll be glad to host them for you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Okay okay okay, Sony's ImageStation shows no signs of coming back up today, so I'll spill (some of) the beans:

It's inside a Mag 2D host, cut down reflector, PVC sleeved to hold three C batteries with modified tailcap spring so it'd all fit, Direct Drive (is there anything else for max output?), gigantic heatsink courtesy of Howie, Q3J HD emitter stripped from its Star base, and the amazing thing is, even though my own SNII keeper registers a significantly higher reading on the light meter, at distance this beam on this one retains its shape and thus can walk all over the SNII's big (and still bright) hotspot. A thrower for sure, and this is with the stock lens. Will try a UCL in it a little later, will be good for several hundred more lux so it should break the 8,000 lux barrier.

It goes on the Modder's B/S/T Forum soon on auction.

Next iteration, if I ever do one, will try out a Luxeon III and UCL lens...

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmmm... 900ma on 3 C cells direct drive. That's just asking for a III. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Yeah tell me about it -- here's some proof:

fac0fd11.jpg

More pics of the light and beamshots to follow (but then we've all seen the Mag 2D already, right?)...

S4MadMan

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
Yeah tell me about it -- here's some proof:

fac0fd11.jpg

More pics of the light and beamshots to follow (but then we've all seen the Mag 2D already, right?)...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sir, that's pretty nice but I still think this is most impressive, your Mag Monster 6D SN2. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

sn2-luxrecord-01.jpg