Some questions about my E1e

98GPF

Newly Enlightened
I bought this back in 2007 while I was in Iraq, and it served me quite well there. Last year I went on ebay and bought it a new MTB LED head that apparently supports three different lighting levels, but it only has one mode right now. Do I have to buy a new tailcap for it as well? Finally, whenever I try searching for E1e here or on the marketplace board nothing comes up. Is there much in the way of customization available for these?

Thanks.

g8ArTh.jpg

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
It may only support three levels on an E2 host. eBay Sellers aren't exactly the most scrupulous people sometimes.

On the other hand, that's probably been generation-gapped since you bought it - a Veleno LED dropin will fit the original, smaller head and uses a late-model Cree LED. You can get them in your choice of harsh cold but bright, or warm, good colors, but slightly dimmer, as well as in one-mode or multi-mode configurations for one or two cells. I haven't yet had the pleasure, but they look quite nice.

Alternately, if you want only one mode (ranging from BRIGHT! to dimmer), you could get a Malkoff module and the VME head to house it. These are incredibly rugged LED modules, but single mode. On the other hand, you can pick which one mode each one is from a total of three or four different versions these days; if you want a close range floodlight, you can replace the lens with frosted glass (or frost it yourself, I suppose).

You might try the "E Series Addicts, Unite!" thread as it's chock full of customization ideas.

PS: Welcome to CPF! :welcome:

Last edited: