Streamlight 128 rechargeable and SL-15X ?

Velcro

Enlightened
Does anyone know the Streamlight 128 rechargeable and the SL-15X?
confused.gif

According to the info I found on this link http://www.citruscollege.com/ace/Harvey/ENGL110-1/notes/notes_2.htm (scroll down to "shedding some light on the question of flashlights") posted by Lite-Lover on the Bright Websites Forum, the Streamlight 128 rechargeable is made of steel and is a sealed unit which cannot be opened without special tools. It is also supposed to have a glass lens.

Also, there are several companies / distributors that sell replacement parts for the SL-15X such as batteries and lamp modules. What is the SL-15X?

Any info such as proportions, year of fabric, etc. are greatly appreciated. I'm also interested in pictures of them (if there are any).

Greetings,
Velcro

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm pretty sure the Streamlight 128 was the precursor to the SL series of lights, and were made in the late 70's. that article was very old. The sl-15X is just like the 20x, except it uses a lower wattage bulb.

--dan

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Velcro,
Dano is correct. those are very old models from Streamlight. I have been using a SL20 for almost 20 years. The new models are the SL20X (just a brighter SL20), the SL20XP which is less bright, and the biggest and brightest , the SL35X.

These are very good lights with tremendous output but are old in design. Streamlight changed the on/off/momentary switches on these newer models many years back because the old design failed often. I changed them many times and still have brand new switches around to repair my SL20. They still sell many of these but the Stinger's popularity due to its handy small size and fairly bright bulb has stolen many sales from the larger lSL series lights.

Velcro

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Flash:
[QB]Velcro,
Dano is correct. those are very old models from Streamlight. I have been using a SL20 for almost 20 years. The new models are the SL20X (just a brighter SL20), the SL20XP which is less bright, and the biggest and brightest , the SL35X. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So the only difference between an SL-20 and SL-20X is that the SL-20X has a brighter bulb, correct?

Greetings,
Velcro

D

**DONOTDELETE**

That is correct. Streamlight doesn't make the SL-20 anymore. It has been replaced by the SL-20X. The old SL-20 model was 20,000 cp. The newest model SL-20X is 25,000cp.

The newer 20X has an updated/improved switch with a different charging sleeve. You can still buy the old SL-20 parts however. It appears to be fully supported by Streamlight.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I gave you the wrong info. The old SL-20 light had 25,000 candlepower bulb and the newer SL-20X has 30,000 cp.

I have been using the SL-35X bulb in my SL-20. you get the brighter beam at the expense of a much shorter run time.

Velcro

Enlightened
Flash, thanks for the extra info.

Dano, do you know if the SL-15X also the same size as the SL-20X? The reason I ask is because I saw the battery of the SL-15X in a Galls catalog and it looked slightly longer and slightly thinner then the battery of the SL-20X.

Greetings,
Velcro

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Velcro:
Flash, thanks for the extra info.

Dano, do you know if the SL-15X also the same size as the SL-20X? The reason I ask is because I saw the battery of the SL-15X in a Galls catalog and it looked slightly longer and slightly thinner then the battery of the SL-20X.

Greetings,
Velcro
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So call Gall's and ask. That's why they have customer service reps. Most of them know what they're talking about, or will tell you if they don't know the answer.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont think the 15X is made, anymore. It was a 20X, but with a lower wattage bulb...other than that, they are the same light.

-dan

Velcro

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dano:
I dont think the 15X is made, anymore. It was a 20X, but with a lower wattage bulb...other than that, they are the same light.

-dan
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay Dano, thanks.

Greetings,
Velcro

Velcro

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cyclops942:

So call Gall's and ask. That's why they have customer service reps. Most of them know what they're talking about, or will tell you if they don't know the answer.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why ask Galls, if there is an forum entirely devoted to flashlights?
smile.gif

Greetings,
Velcro