Original 9P

Deviant

Enlightened
Does anyone know where I can get the Original 9P. the kind that is all black no clips, no funny designs, juz a cylinder body and anodized threads?

Deviant

Enlightened
Marty,

Thanx for the tip.

yes i have the A19 and 6P. I 'm kind of picky, I'm looking for the body that has anodized threads which is the original 6P and 9P. My 6P has anodized threads however the A19 threads are coated with chemokote (spelling)
smile.gif

nihraguk

Enlightened
(o_O): you can try sngarms....they usually have old stock of surefires, and i recall seeing an old 6P or 9P at either the choa chu kang outlet or their main branch at chinatown.

Deviant

Enlightened
nihraguk

yup saw it and i think it's way overpriced
mad.gif

S$280 ~US$160 for the original 9P and comes with rotting duracell 3V lithium batts
rolleyes.gif

btw thanx
smile.gif

nihraguk

Enlightened
(o_O):

did you check back recently? i think the revised all their prices so now its more or less the same as the MSRP after you get a discount.

you could also try asking sheares if they can order one for you...its possible that the hongkong distributor might have some old stock left lying around
smile.gif

Deviant

Enlightened
nihraguk,

yup i saw the 9P price tag at army mkt. let's hope so, will drop by cck later
grin.gif

I definately want anodize threads. and this might pose a communication breakdown cos it's a minute detail. dun want to create any bad blood with Jason by ordering and later rejecting if it does not have anodized threads.
smile.gif

SurefireM6

Enlightened
Originally posted by (o_O):
M6,

would you part with your Original 6P-HA for $80??
grin.gif
tongue.gif
yellowlaugh.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I do have an original 6P but it's not HA. It's black. You can get a new style 6P with upgraded features for less than $60. Do you like the old round style?

Deviant

Enlightened
yes i find the round style a bonus but not the primary reason i want the original 9P. the orignal series have their threads on the body anodized black. there's no wearing like the new style. after some time there will be aluminium powder on the threads.

I had the impression that u got the Original 6P-HA from ebay.
smile.gif

SurefireM6

Enlightened
Oh, that was the O.D. original 6P. I don't think they made any HA versions. At least ones that they released.

nihraguk

Enlightened
(o_O): i prefer the old style 6P and 9P as well...i really dislike the milled sections on the new style bodies. if i could, i would get an old style 6P or 9P, then add in the lock out tailcap for added functionality and water-resistance.

let me know how it goes
smile.gif
now that sngarms has revised their prices, they're actually quite competitive with sheares. lets hope they keep it that way though. i checked the main branch at chinatown, and the M2 was $332. before the price revision it was $490 (!).

Deviant

Enlightened
Originally posted by logical:
any interest in an original 9Z ?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">um... how is it like? does it have anodized threads?

logical

Newly Enlightened
no idea, I just saw it on ebay and was kind of intreged by it...still there for a reasonable $70 buy-it-now price but watch out for the guys outrageous shipping charge. search for "surefire 9z"