Amp draw in Xeno E03 XML with IMR battery ???

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone was able to measure max amp draw with Xeno E03 XML using any IMR battery ???

Is it in direct drive when using Li-Ion cell ??? In that case it depends what amps will be pulled out based on battery itself...

I'm trying to find a driver that could give me more amp draw than 1.75A from single IMR cell as Solarforce 0.8-4.2V 3-Mode is giving me right now... Apparently Xeno driver is 17mm also and it pulls 2A with LiIon battery... would it be able to go to 2.3-2.4A with IMR cell ???

BudK

Newly Enlightened
Hi Tana ,
I am reading 1.88 to 2.03 amps at the tail without the tailcap . Using several AW IMR 14500 600mAh batts . The batteriess are a little over a year old & have been abused royally in both an e-ciggerette & the zeno eo3 . Hope that helps .
The output with a fresh charged battery appears to be in regulation (E 03) as I am reading 2.54A draw in an unregulated ecig same batt .

Last edited:

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
i don't believe the e03 needs imr batteries at all for possible additional output. iirc i was told on here that the C rate is not too much for a protected 14500 to handle

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
the zeno dims on 14500 until protection trips. therefore *i* call this "unregulated light". i know current draw on 14500 but havent tried IMR.

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Tana ,
I am reading 1.88 to 2.03 amps at the tail without the tailcap . Using several AW IMR 14500 600mAh batts . The batteriess are a little over a year old & have been abused royally in both an e-ciggerette & the zeno eo3 . Hope that helps .
The output with a fresh charged battery appears to be in regulation (E 03) as I am reading 2.54A draw in an unregulated ecig same batt .

Thanks for reading, BudK...

Recently I had a chance to purchase a driver alone but missed my shot due to technical difficulties with wireless network I'm using... However, I'm going to build three E seires XPE triples and will try three different drivers, one for 1xCR123 (that can take Li-Ion), so far I found Solarforce 0.8-4.2V 3-Mode to be nice but thought I might try with Xeno E03 driver if I find one... will try with 3.6-9V 1.5A buck driver and finally the ultimate one, 2.8A linear 2.8-6V...

I should stop now or this thread turns into DIY thread... :)