Two mode P60 LED drop in?? no memory

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
Is there anyone else that would like to see a two mode P60 style led drop in that have two modes instead of three or five or just one?

The perfect drop in for me would be a two mode led without memory function, the high should be at least around 450-500 Lumen OTF, and the low somewhere between 60-200 lumen. I want the light to start off with the high output, and then by turning the light off then on (same as the rest works) would put it in low mode.

I have emailed a few companies that makes drop in LEDs, we'll see what they say about my request... :)

I haven't found a led that does this that's available now, and was wondering if anyone else would like to see a led like this. Perhaps if they see that there are a big enough demand they'll make one!

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would buy two of these in a heartbeat. It's nice having the option of a low mode w/ longer run time. Subscribed to see if anyone chimes in w/ info.

Erzengel

Enlightened
If You want to use the drop-in with only one LiIon Cell, You can modify any XM-L drop-in that has a 17mm driver board with the kaidomain 4x7135 1520 mA driver. This dricher can be configured to Your desired setting by connecting two soldering bridges. This requires just basic soldering skills (mainly a calm hand). Maybe Nailbender can build You this drop-in, if You don't know how to solder it on Your own.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've made a number of two mode drop-ins, it's easy enough with the NANJG driver boards. The only issue is that they all have memory. I agree that no memory is almost always better than memory in scroll through interface lights.

Erzengel

Enlightened
With the new kaidomain driver, Youn can also switch memory memory by connecting one bridge or not.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really? That's a really good feature, is it a bridge on the inside of the driver or one of the stars? Unfortunately for me I already have about 8 NANJG based drop-ins and not enough hosts..

Erzengel

Enlightened
this driver has four open bridges at the place where the stars are on the NANJG-drivers. One bridge is for memory and the other three bridges are for the eight different mode-configurations. Just search for "4x7135 1520 mA" (or 6x7135 or 8x7135) and You will find the drivers.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, so that's where vinhnguyen's been getting his versatile new 17mm current regulated drivers without memory etc. Thanks, I might order a couple :)

justlooking

Newly Enlightened
I'll take one!

I, too, have been wanting something like this. I think I heard somewhere that the new EDCPlus drop-ins always start in Hi, but I have not verified that....and those are 3-mode.

bfksc

Newly Enlightened
I would buy two of these in a heartbeat. It's nice having the option of a low mode w/ longer run time. Subscribed to see if anyone chimes in w/ info.
I've been considering going the P60 route, but I need one that goes the other way round - no memory still but start in Low (around 20-30 lumens which is used 90% of the time) and then jumps up to High (around 500 lumens) with a soft click/on-off-on. A current regulated drive (NO PWM) is preferred.
Anyone have info on such a beast?