Nichia NVSL219AT-H1 in an Original HDS, possible?

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would like to get one of these installed in my HDS B60LE, it currently has an SSCP4...Is it possible?

foxtrot824

Enlightened
I would think if you could get a small 8mm MCPCB like the Shoppe sells for the Cree XP series which shares the 219 footprint that you could replace the P4. You may have to machine the area where the current P4 sits and may need some shims for it to focus correctly but I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 on what foxtrot said. I've done several of the NovaTac's and the 8mm board/XM-L shimmed up was by far the easiest one. I imagine the USA NovaTac and the original HDS are very similar.

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would like to get one of these installed in my HDS B60LE, it currently has an SSCP4...Is it possible?

The information that foxtrot824 provided was spot on. You will not need to machine the seat for the LED when using an 8mm board, but you will need a copper shim under the LED. Start with 0.050", and check that it is focused in the reflector. It should be close from my experience. If the reflector was not modified for the Seoul mod, you may need to remove some material from the back of the reflector to prevent it from contacting the LED.