Robot Prison Guards? Anyone see this before?

CPFBiology

Enlightened
Malkoff will probably be supplying the LED engines lol.
http://www.sync-blog.com/sync/2012/04/robocops-now-guarding-prisoners-in-south-korea.html

0.jpg

robot-prison-guard.jpg

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
What made me nervous was where it said that the next phase was to have the robots do body searches. You thought the TSA was bad now, wait until you have robots feeling you up. I wonder how the patients would react if these robots were used for security at mental hospitals? Some of them already think robots are out to get them. What are the odds of prisoners reprogramming these robots to attack humans? We could be looking at the first generation of terminators. When they serve prisoners meals, do the robots hand them batteries instead? (That might actually be funny to try just once.)

It seems like they want to expand the range of tasks that these robots can perform. Personally, I'd draw the line at giving a robot a firearm.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just don't see the point so the guard who monitors the robot and cameras is well monitoring the robot, is it just me or is something wrong with this picture?

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah it's all wrong.
industrial farming is wrong too btw. industry and tech is great, but not for human/animal needs.
what we need is Real AI to go through our laws for consistency and legitimacy... I'll bet that a true AI would see quite a bit of criminality, inconsistency and hypocrisy in the interlocking economic and legal systems that result in a substantial percentage of incarcerations.
Once you see what is done to factory animals, it's not a big mental leap to understand what the same industrial system will do to people if it is allowed to...

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
On the serious side, in our search for productivity, humans will keep making up a smaller and smaller part of the economy.

On the humorous side, they're going to need a special cell block for the hackers!

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I assume, as described, that ONE guard, with multiple screens, etc...can now monitor more areas at a time, that no one has to run down to the block to see what's going on/kite something, etc.

Guards get jumped, distracted, and other things that are not good for guards, and which create opportunities for a population mostly IN prison due to their, lets call it opportunistic nature.

I am 100% sure that prisoners will find multiple ways to take advantage of the robo guard, just like they can take advantage of a human guard...no one, and nothing, is prisoner proof. They ALWAYS find a way.

:D

This is about as useful as say the robot bomb equipment, etc, already in use.

I think they should add floor cleaning equipment to the bottom though, so as it patrols, it can do the Room-Ba thing.

:D

Quest4fire

Enlightened
Yep, Cyberdyne systems model T-600. Where is John Connor when we need him.

Last edited:

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
What made me nervous was where it said that the next phase was to have the robots do body searches. You thought the TSA was bad now, wait until you have robots feeling you up. I wonder how the patients would react if these robots were used for security at mental hospitals? Some of them already think robots are out to get them. What are the odds of prisoners reprogramming these robots to attack humans? We could be looking at the first generation of terminators. When they serve prisoners meals, do the robots hand them batteries instead? (That might actually be funny to try just once.)

It seems like they want to expand the range of tasks that these robots can perform. Personally, I'd draw the line at giving a robot a firearm.

there is a huge difference between jail guards, and tsa, if you can't see it, than ....... ,not to mention, robots wont need to feel you out, they can see thru you, and may be even see when you planning on attacking them, they don't need guns, they can do great damage to human flesh without firearms, guns are for humans,
oh, btw, robots already have wings, guided missles, and bombs.

Last edited:

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
there is a huge difference between jail guards, and tsa, if you can't see it, than ....... ,not to mention, robots wont need to feel you out, they can see thru you, and may be even see when you planning on attacking them, they don't need guns, they can do great damage to human flesh without firearms, guns are for humans,
oh, btw, robots already have wings, guided missles, and bombs.

By any chance, do you happen to work for the TSA? What I posted was meant as a joke. You do have a good point about my first generation of terminators comment though. The military's aerial drones came before these robots.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
no, i don't work for tsa.
my point was, jail guards deal with convicts, very often violent, so i couldn't care less how they are treated.
i would rather be checked in on the plane by robot, than retard from tsa, as they many times proved, they deserve that title.

nbp

Flashaholic
A friend visited a hospital recently and said they had a robot that was programmed to drive from nurses' station to nurses' station to dispense medications. It followed a set path and had sensors to avoid any obstacle in its way. Pretty neat.