• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Feeler: E-series Delrin tail extensions? Anyone still looking for these?

foxtrot824

Enlightened
I have been a fan of tail extensions since I laid eyes on them. One of my favorites were made from Delrin similar to the Oregon shooter style ones. These days they seem very hard to come by and I've decided I'd like to try and bring them back. First off I want to make sure I'm not infringing on anyone's intellectual property or patents by designing a very similar product and sell them. I know http://www.jsburlys.com has flared tails for the e-series, I am looking to make a non flared version.

All legal issues aside, I am looking to see if there is interest for this tail extensions and if I should start a small run of them. I have a local machine shop that it easy to work with, cost pending I'd like to get these back on the market because they are just a great simple mod. I'm shooting for a price of $10-$15 per piece depending on the labor cost to machine.

If anyone has interest in an extension please let me know here. Just to be clear this is not a pre-order thread! I need to be sure I'm legally in the clear before any orders can be taken.

This is an image of a tail shroud that I trimmed down years ago in attempt to make it more usable (didn't go so well).

Cheers

samuraishot

Enlightened
I'd be in for one if it would have holes to fit a McGizmo or Oveready clip!

mikesantor

Enlightened
I'm in for at least 3 if they have holes for a clip.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

foxtrot824

Enlightened
Glad to see there is some interest. For those looking for holes for clips, I'm not sure I have the sufficient space on these tails to screw a clip into. Maybe if they were metal it would be okay? I will do some testing on my existing extensions to see if I can drill and tap them.

CarpentryHero, this tail extension just replaces the retaining ring in the tail cap. It only works with clicky tail caps.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a colicky tailcap on my E1L, if it works on that I'm still interested in one as long as installation is simple enough :)

foxtrot824

Enlightened
Since there seems to be at least enough interest to do a small run and since I haven't heard back from anyone regarding intellectual property infringement, I'll be starting a new thread shortly when I have some product in hand. I'm hoping to having something to work with by the end of the week from the machine shop. I'll post a link here to it. I will probably have something like 20 units for the first run to give people an idea, if that goes well I'll go for another run.