Dorcy LED news..hot off the presses!!

unclearty

Enlightened
I literally just got off the phone with "Mike" at Dorcy. Tons of new news. The 1AA-3 led light is available through TrueServ Hardware..pretty much exclusively, for now. Their SKU # is 564044. All their stores can order the light from their warehouses..they seem to have most of the US supply right now.
Mike told me that they will have....WILL HAVE..a 3D..aluminum body 1W Luxeon flashlight in approx 60 days. He couldn't stop raving about it..brilliant..white..great beam, etc. He promised to send me a HQ picture of it very soon. Also, Ta#$et stores will have all 4 of their current led lights in spring. He was very helpful and willing to share info with us...yes, he knows about CPFers. I will update with more info as soon as I get more. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great info UncleArty.

TruServ is the parent company and their hardware stores are called True Value. Go to: http://www.truevalue.com/ They have a "Store Finder" link. Only works for US locations.

unclearty

Enlightened
When I spoke with Mike yesterday, I asked if he had any idea why CPFers were so anxious to get their hot little hands on these lights. He quickly responded..drive a Luxeon. Can't wait to find one now..called around yesterday afternoon..with the SKU number and found a hardware store that actually has them on order and expects them within a week...hmmm..guess I need to order some 1Wers in the next few days.
I'm very interested to see this 3D alum 1w Luxeon flashlight. Mike said he's been playing with it for a couple of weeks now and just loves it..said the pricing point "should" be right on. He did say he would send me a good pic of the light maybe next week.

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
Wayne of Elektro-Lumens already has a 3AA 1W Luxeon, the Illumi-Lux. Due to its size, the Dorcy 3D might have a better beam than the IL, but can't beat its size. Here it is compared to the 3LED 1AA Dorcy:
3aa1aa-1.jpg

3aa1aa-2.jpg

unclearty

Enlightened
I got my hands on a couple of the Dorcy 3 led 1AA lights , yesterday...now I see why people are searching for these things. I like the fit and feel a little more than the AAA light..it "feels" a little more substantial, and the light beam quality is better. It is definitely brighter and has a better pattern..it's just white and round. I brought it in to work this morning and already, by 7:30, 3 people have tried to buy it from me. I'm going to try and push Mike at Dorcy for some pictures of the new lights, today. Hope to have the pix up very soon

unclearty

Enlightened
If you look up at the first part of this thread...use the SKU number I posted and call your local Truserve or Truevalue store and ask them to check if they have it available...they can all order this light from their warehouse. I'm not sure of the selling price, but I thought someone in another thread said it was about $16.95. If that's true , it's a great value. It's brighter than the Infinity Ultra, and has a nice , very useable beam.

Zigzago

Enlightened
When I gave the SKU number to my local True Value last week it came up on their computer screen but they claimed that it "wasn't in their warehouse yet." Maybe they meant local warehouse. They promised to check on it and get back to me. Still waiting...

The price on their screen was $14.99.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I measured my Dorcy 1xAA 3xLED at 3.53" (3 9/16") long and 1.0" in diameter at the head. This measurement is with the flashlight off, is of the metal portion near the tip of the head (not the rubber grip), and does not include the tail ring.

My 1xAAA 1xLED version measures 3.5" long and 11/16" in diameter at the head. Same conditions as above.

alberto

Enlightened
None of the TrueValue stores in my area have it, although they claimed that they could order it. Is there anyone but TrueValue that carries it?

unclearty

Enlightened
1. According to my source at Dorcy, TrueServ has the majority of the 1AA inventory. Supposedly, Wa%^$rt has "some" inventory, but, as we have all seen, their distribution system is a little lacking. I was told that our best bet would be to pound TrueServ...our best chance at the moment. Tar&%t will be carrying the Dorcy line, but not till spring.
2.The 3 led light IS brighter...it is more a wash of white light. The AAA has a distinct small hotspot surronded by the ring from the reflector. It may just be me, but the 1AA FEELS better..the aluminum is a little thicker..the tail is more robust and the weight feels good. It's a great little light that I think, will find it's way into mainstream pretty quickly. It's very user friendly.

Zigzago

Enlightened
It's possible that the $14.99 price I saw is what the store pays for it (pre-markup). I was peering over the clerk's shoulder and couldn't see all the details.

kstump98

Newly Enlightened
I called my local TrueValue last night. They didn't have any in stock, but the warehouse has 72 in stock. I had him order me two in. He said they should be in Friday morning. He also mentioned 14.99 retail, so we will se what I am actually charged. If this goes through ok, I can buy some more to sell to you others.

Kris

steve_vance

Enlightened
yes....indeed Mike does know about CPFers and CPF....when I first reported on the Dorcy LED lights, and got Quickbeam and Craig some samples for their reviews, we talked at length about how to "popularize" Dorcy LED lights.....at that point, Mike actually signed on to CPF and posted a few notes. He's a great guy....he used to be with Gasrrity, but they didn't share his "vision": to bring LED lights to the masses. So he moved to Dorcy. If you can't get him (he's on the road a lot), ask for Joyce, his secretary. She's very helpful