Air Travel & My Surefire ???

DavidTHR

Enlightened
I am planning to travel by air during November, and I was wondering if I can take my Surefire E2 with me (clipped to my pocket)?

Thanks...

Size15's

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF!

I've flown all over the place with many SureFires on my person and in carry-on. Just put the E2 in the tray with your coins and cellphone and send it through x-ray. The guy may check to see whether it works but more often then not I've never had to.

When leaving the States from NY after the SHOT Show 2003 they were interested in the ball in my biro that set off the walk through /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only way I could see them even remotely having an issue with it is if your E2e has a scallopped bezel. I doubt it though. I could see maybe if you were carrying an M6 though!

DavidTHR

Enlightened
I have the Surefire E2 in gun metal, so it has a plain bezel.

Thanks for the info.

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]

When leaving the States from NY after the SHOT Show 2003 they were interested in the ball in my biro that set off the walk through /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, I went all the way to NY and back from LA and no one said a word about the nozzle on my insto. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
I flew last week Seattle-Laguardia and back and had no questions at all. I had an E2e with scalloped KL1, the E2e incandescent head, and spare CR123s. Also had a PT Attitude, digital camera with 4 AA NiMH with 8 spares, electric razor, etc. Not a peep, which surprised me with recent news about TSA being on the lookout for bombs disguised as batteries. I was careful to check the allowed/not allowed list at the TSA (nail clippers ARE allowed now) and remove any tools and blades.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two questions.

1)What about International Air Travel?
2)What about Lithium Batteries? There was something about Mexico restricting them on their airline, can anyone confirm that or that anyother country have an issue with them.

GregR

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
I flew to Germany this summer stopping in Oslo, Norway first, and had no problems with the ARC LS or E2e in my pockets. Like stated earlier, just put them in the tray with your cell, wallet, keys, etc.

Spectre

Newly Enlightened
I have flown international a few times now with my SFs (A2, L4, E2, Kl1), no problems. Just do as the others mention here put it in the tray with your phone, keys etc or in your carry on bag.

MTFD17: I live in Oslo, Norway!

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool! You guys have a nice airport there! Didnt get to spend much time there tho.

coolguy

Newly Enlightened
What about an L5? I have to travel for work soon and I would feel much at ease if I didn't have to check the L5 into my suitcase. I'd rather carry it on, after all it is rather pricey. I'm concerned about the L5 because it is much bigger than the E2 and could be mistaken for something I'd use as a little club... In any case has anybody traveled with an L5 in carry on or on their person?

Thanks!

jhereg

Enlightened
The answer I have heard is they are liable to confiscate/not let you bring a light if it is larger than a 2D Mag. That seems to be the point where people start being concerned about it being a club instead of just a light. Most people don't have a clue how bright the lights are we play with. I had no problem flying with my E2E w/ cell extender, E2C, G2 bezel & P91 LA over the Christmas holiday.

RtOaNn

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
jhereg said:
Most people don't have a clue how bright the lights are we play with.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, wait till they test your SureFires...and they will be shocked by the brightness.