Quark vs Fenix actual brightness

Grmnracing

Newly Enlightened
I'm new to quality flashlights I noticed on the 4sevens website the lumen rating are OTF. Fenix's lights seem to have Oddly high lumens for extended usage. Is Fenix over rating the lights? Taking readings from the actual emmitor? I've heard many people claim that 4sevens under estimates their specs. :confused:

pinetree89

Enlightened
The discrepancy may come from the fact that the Quarks, with the exception of the 2xCR123 models, are able to accept 4.2v Li-Ion and primary batteries due to their buck/boost circuit. The buck/boost circuit is a bit less efficient than the boost only circuit found in a lot of the comparable Fenix models. Conversely the Fenix models don't deal too well with Li-Ion rechargeables and tend to loose all their modes except max.

There's a lot of Runtime tests available for various Fenix and Quark models on this site. Hit the google search bar up top.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
....and with out the buck circuit, no 300hr-from-AA/preserve-your-night-vision/do-not-disturb moonlight level. :nana:

(btw, 123^2 Quarks do take Li-ions... 3-9v)

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
which light are we talking about? we cant generalize. we need to compare specific models. quark is good. fenix is good too.