Just got my Zebralight SC600.

witness

Newly Enlightened
A few hours after ordering the SC600 I sent Zebralight an email asking to change to SC600W. I had seen a uTube video showing the difference between the 2 lights and I realized that the "W" was the way to go. I actually sent a couple of emails just to be safe...one to customer service and one to sales. They got back to me immediately and promised to make the the change.I never thought twice about it because they could't possibly have processed the order that fast. NATURALLY when I finally got the light it was the wrong one (SC600) and now I have to go through a whole song and dance to send it back and get a replacement. MAN that is ANNOYING!

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
:ironic: Just keep the SC600 and order a "W" then you will have both. Trust me, you will be gald you did.:naughty:

My thought as well, if you get it and don't like the tint then send it back but don't get to bummed about it until you actually see it in your own environment, videos and pics don't always pan out like you think it will.

ToyTank

Enlightened
Hi Witness:wave:

That is annoying. I'm sure they will pay for return shipping I know it's annoying to print the label and have to tape the box back up.

You got to admit though you pulled the trigger before you did your research:poke: but like you'd i'd expect to be able to change an order within a couple hours of paying.

I agree with rjhooper you should keep SC600, but instead of buying the SC600W get the H600W. I like CW for output and throw for flashlights. Neutral tint and flood for headlamps:thumbsup:

witness

Newly Enlightened
Hi Witness:wave:

I agree with rjhooper you should keep SC600, but instead of buying the SC600W get the H600W. I like CW for output and throw for flashlights. Neutral tint and flood for headlamps:thumbsup:

I've got it backwards. I have the H600 and wanted the SC600W. I realize now that I really hoped someone would respond to my post and tell me there was a little "w" hidden somewhere on the light that I had missed but...in comparing it to my H600 it is exactly the same tint. Sorry for the rant everyone.

witness

Newly Enlightened
BTW. It's not the fact that the order wasn't changed that irked me. It is the fact the told me it would be done and it wasn't. It seems I encounter this ALL THE TIME. Companies make a promise and then don't follow through.

Last edited:

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got it backwards. I have the H600 and wanted the SC600W. I realize now that I really hoped someone would respond to my post and tell me there was a little "w" hidden somewhere on the light that I had missed but...in comparing it to my H600 it is exactly the same tint. Sorry for the rant everyone.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you ordered the model with the sideways angled beam(H600)? But you decided you wanted the SC600w(different model altogether)?

I ordered the SC600 last Sunday, and then I decided I wanted the SC600w instead, because i saw a youtube video of a guy showing beamshots of both lights in his backyard with an above ground pool nearby.

But when I mentioned that I wanted to change to the SC600w on a thread I'd started about this light, another guy told me not to switch, because the Sc600 beam color isnt too blueish or greenish, so I left the order alone.

I'm glad I did, because the SC600 is slightly warmer than my BC-10, so its kinda neutral already. But the SC600w seems to be much warmer or yellower in the video.

But I think if I was choosing between the H600 and SC600(or w), I'd go with the SC600, because I dont see the need for a sideways light.

witness

Newly Enlightened
Stick with it! I've dealt with ZL's customer service quite a bit in the past and they've always went above and beyond. :thumbsup:

Man, I don't know what company you were dealing with but my experience so far has been pretty much the EXACT opposite. When I let them know they sent me the wrong light all I got were instructions on how to return the light at MY expense... no apology or even an acknowledgement that they screwed up. It's bad enough that it takes about a week to get an answer to a product question and now, the customer service I'm getting is even worse. I'm going to think twice about making another purchase from them.

Last edited:

ToyTank

Enlightened
Too bad. You could buy from a CPF dealer and probably get about 10% off just FYI. I have ordered from ZL directly in the past and my experience was unbelievable.

I had a H501 MK1 that had a switch issue after about 3 years of use. I sent an email asking if I could pay for a repair because I was out of the warranty period. They replaced it for postage cost(2 years past warranty):twothumbs

LGT

Enlightened
Were you dealing directly with ZL? I've had nothing but great CS from them. Helen has always been helpful and responsive to any inquiries or problems I have had.

henry1960

Enlightened
I Also Had A Couple Small Promblems In The Past With My ZB Lights And Sent Them Back To Zb Light And Had Great Custermer Service....