• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Milky Modded Fenix L1+, PD-S~price drop~

jemab

Enlightened
Up for sale is my Milky modded Fenix L1+. One of the early Fenix offerings in stainless steel, it is fairly rare in its own right. Light is in excellent condition.
I was never happy with the reverse clicky and the emitter needed upgrading. The AA based stainless light was basically gutted and mily did the following:

"I finished the Fenix already. Cost was a little higher than I'd imagined, but I was able to give you everything you wanted, including an upgrade to tactical clicky tailswitch. It was difficult fitting everything into the light and took a lot of time machining the inside of the host itself, fabricating custom heatsink, switch housing, and other bits; and getting it all right AND fitting reasonably well. The switch in particular was a real bear as most tactical clickies are too tall to sit in that particular tailcap. (The stock switch was pretty bad, too, probably unable to handle much current for long.)

I mounted a CreeXML-T61C cool white (though closer to the neutral side of things) with hand-turned Carclo frosted narrow optic sans holder, custom-fabricated aluminum heatsink, 1AA multi-stage boost driver (5x brightness plus some blinky functions that quite honestly, I didn't study too much in that I was mainly interested in the multiple brightness itself and this was one of the few choices available small enough to squeeze [barely] into your host), and the tactical clicky tailswitch itself in a custom-fabricated frame."

I am offering this up for sale for $325, 305, 290, $275,now $250 shipped, US sale only. I will add insurance at cost. not responsible for light once its in the hands of the USPS.

I also have a PD-S for sale. This one has no trit in the tail. It is a user grade PD with some missing anno on a few edges etc. moderate wear. It has a GDX2 engine and neutral seoul emitter (U2SUMH). This one has a bit of a quirk... moves from low to high fine using the piston, but when you use the twisty, it bottoms out and doesn't always move to high. I received it this way. Emailed Don about it, and his guess (not being able to see it in person) was that the screws for the clip were not stopping the piston travel and that it needed a bit of a shim to remedy. I haven't bothered to worry with it. Perhaps someone else is willing to tinker with it. As such, it would be an an as-is no refund kind of sale. I'd rather not sell it, only to have someone want a refund after they unsuccessfully 'worked' on it.
$240, now $215 shipped. *On hold pending payment*

002-8.jpg

Last edited:

jemab

Enlightened
Re: Milky Modded Fenix L1+, PD-S

bump with a little price drop

jjohnson34

Newly Enlightened
PD-S arrived today. Its in much better shape than I thought it would be. Thanks again

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps you could generate some interest, if you showed the custom LE that was built for this one?