SF C3, 9P & D3, what's the diff?

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
SF C3, 9P & D3, what\'s the diff?

Other than the obvious physical make up of these two models being remotely different i.e. 9P & D3, with the exception of the C3 which has a different designed body all together and accounts for the third model I mentioned. They are all 3 cell models, do they not use the same style bulb/reflector? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: SF C3, 9P & D3, what\'s the diff?

All use the P90/P91

The D3 has a clip like the C3

The C3 has a Pyrex lens

The C3 has the "grab" shape

The C3 is the only one available in HAIII

The D3 is discontinued.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast

All use the P90/P91>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

And they are brighter than all hell.

Good lights all.

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Beretta1526 said:
All use the P90/P91

The D3 has a clip like the C3

The C3 has a Pyrex lens

The C3 has the "grab" shape

The C3 is the only one available in HAIII

The D3 is discontinued.

[/ QUOTE ]

You did not mention the 9p w/o clip, looks exactly like the D3. Is the 9p still being produced?

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast

According to SF, 9P's have been discontinued. The only 3-cell light still in production is the C3...At least that's what I've been told /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

--dan

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast

Seems like the C3 get's little play on this Board, not popular at all unlike the Executive Series or the Millinium Series. I wonder why?

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened

A dealer recently told me the C3 is also out of production.
oldgrandpajack

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast

the C3, D3, Z3, are all essentially 9Ps with modified bodies. they use the same lamp assemblies, and all their bezels and tailcaps are interchangeable. its just a matter of what features you want, e.g. pyrex lens, grip rings, pocket clips, etc.

sideshowandy

Newly Enlightened

i have a C3 and have often wondered why they seem to be unpopular. I bought mine specifically to run a P91. I consider the C3/P91 to be great value for money - very rugged, great power. I couldn't find another 3 x 123 which offered similar quality and throw at anywhere near the same price.

Nathan S

Newly Enlightened

Good thread. I have a D3 (which I love) and had always wondered what the practical difference was between that and the C3.

Thanks for the info.

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
dano said:
According to SF, 9P's have been discontinued. The only 3-cell light still in production is the C3...At least that's what I've been told /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

--dan

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the M3 is also still in production.

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes, the M3 is still in production...

Apparently the 9P and Z3 are no longer produced...

If you want a 9P, it's easy enough to take a 6P and add an A19, another cell, and change out the lamp.

richpalm

Banned

This clears up the same subject for me... gonna keep my 3-cell lights now! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Blikbok

Enlightened

I have a nice pair of C3s and a 9p. When I saw a 9p vs. my 6p, I started shopping for the C3-HA3. Back when I bought them, I got two for the price of one M3, including the M2 bezels, and I run one with a P90 and one with a P91. They served me very well in a recent rainstorm. I also like the grip ring and smooth body over the checkering of the M3.

The 9P, well, I really liked the simple layout of the original 9P I saw, so I got one, and now it runs the SRTH.

I think the 3-cell lights are just right in output, size, and wonderful because they can fit Li-ions. The E2/A2 covers my smaller light needs.

I definately hope SF does not drop all their 3-cell non-Millenium lights. A 9P-HA3 would be fine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

rlhess

Enlightened

I lucked into the sale of NOS clear aluminum at (I think) ASPI Tactical about a year or more ago. I got five 9Ps (two for a friend). My 9P "trio" is my special purpose lighting kit and all now have clickie tailcaps.

One has an SRTH Turbo Head
The second is stock
The third as a KL3 LED head

I keep about 48 batteries in the bag (counting the ones in the lights) and one each spare P90 and N2 (for the SRTH).

I also have the two other original lamp bezels with P91s stored in them so I can replace two of the other LAs with HOLAs should I so desire.

I sold my UKE D8 and one of my spotlights (not the banana) since I had this handy.

While I like the E2e's beam, I find that I'm EDCing the L4 and the E2e is becoming more useful with the KL1 head as a long-run light. Of course, a TL-3 in my "day bag" covers the resonably long reach that even the E2e doesn't.

When you need light output or runtime, the three cell lights are a real plus. Two cell lights are nice, but three cell lights really provide more than 50% more of whatever you're looking for.

For example: 65 to 105 lumens for an hour
4 to 7 hours run time at 18 lumens with an LED
125 to 200 lumens in a HOLA

Cheers,

Richard