Fenix PD 32

Mar

Newly Enlightened
I did a serch but not finding anything about this light that I shall have in my hands on tonight?
Does anyone have any input on this light? I know it's 315 lumen on turbo, then 130, 70 and 9 after that. Sounds like a good combination.

lightwait

Newly Enlightened
There are a few threads and a review here on the PD32. Do a google search of CPF at the top of the page. I do like the new side button a lot. I have the LD12 and just got the LD22. I am trying to get away from lithium and Li-ion batteries, but I don't know if I can hold out. I find myself looking at the PD32 a lot. I will be interested to see how you like it. Will you be using 123 x2 or 18650 cell?

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had one since mid- January and it's a pretty nifty light. I run an EagleTac 3100 18650 in mine now and even brought it and the Xtar WP2 II with me to Los Angeles, to visit family over Easter. 10 neices and nephews playing with it and having fun.

I'm not too technical in giving facts and figures, but it's a bit slimmer than my ZL SC-600, but a good half inch longer and while not as bright, it's more than capable of putting out some serious light. I was hitting the tops of 80 year old 150' tall Eucalyptus trees in my parents' yard. Tint is on the cooler 'blue' side and not the 'green' side, but it's not super cool. Seems to be a 'thrower' more than a 'flooder'.

It's slim and short enough that it clips to the inside of one's pocket and isn't a bother. It's not nearly as small as the Zeno E03 that I just got, but it's not obtrusive in the least bit.

The square, flat, rubber mode button is sometimes a bit tough to locate in the dark, but you get used to it. My 4 year old nephew was able to get the hang of it faster than I was able to, lol. It's not like the ZL switch, which is easier to locate.

I like the fact that I can fiddlie with 18650s, or just use primaries from the drug store, if I need to go that route. The ZL can only run on 18650s and once they're drained, you can't walk into CVS and plop down the debit card for some 123s.

The holster isn't the thickest nylon, but it works fine. I'm not a 'pocket clip' junkie, so those guys will complain that it's not bolted to the frame, or arc welded there, but it's fine for my 'less extreme' needs. I think it also comes with spare O-rings, but no lanyard.

I got mine for $60 delivered, so while not chump change, it's been a welcome addition to my modest collection.

Chris

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a PD32 and I run a Redilast 3100mAh 18650 battery. At least the battery fits in this light vs my newly acquired TK15. Most of my lights are smaller 1AA type lights and so wanted something with a little more oooomph. The smooth reflector makes it a little more of a thrower but the beam isn't as tight as a TK15. The mode spacing on the TK15 is 5, 47, 143, & 337. I think this is a better than the PD32 as the low on the PD32 isn't as low as I'd like and the difference going between the 70 lumen mode to the 130 doesn't seem like much of a difference to my eyes. Thus I wish it was more like the TK15. Overall, I like the light.......especially the side mode switch.

Mar

Newly Enlightened
Ah good to know and hear your views as this is being given to me along with a Zebralight, I don't know which model Zebra till I get it.
I will be trying both size batteries in it and try it out during these contest I do which require searching for stuff like glowing rocks or trees and such. I have about six lights now, some won, some given and basically getting into the 123's and 18650 size batteries. Waiting for a couple more lights to arrive by mail also, one being the Magic Fire that I have been following on this forum.

I did try a search on the PD32 here on the forum but only found one review so all your inputs are well appreciated. Thanks all.