How would you carry an extra 18650?

Daekar

Enlightened
Per the title, if you were carrying a Surefire 6P with a bored out body and a Lumensfactory EO-4 LA on your belt (standard Surefire composite holster) how would you add an extra 18650 to your belt? Would you try to find a little pouch just to hold the battery? Are there pouches designed to hold two such cylindrical objects that you prefer?

archimedes

Flashaholic
There is a member on this board ( "Hogo" for short ) who makes beautiful custom holsters .... I think his website is Thors Hammer Leather.

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the battery might get wet you should have it in a waterproof container. A waterproof match container in a pouch on your belt.

buds224

Enlightened
I carry spare batteries in a Maxpedition mini pocket organizer and attached to my EDC bag or hung from belt loop with a niteize S-biner (When on belt loop, I only carry minimal primaries to save on weight). 14500s, 18650s, 18340s, CR123 primaries, AA primaries and AAA primaries.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
with another bored surefire host, itll protect the battery and keep it dry. also, it carries an extra lamp, and switch :thumbsup:

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
scaled.php

I use an empty M&M's tube container, water resistant, cheap and easy to source/replace :thumbsup:

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have an 18650 powered light, but if I did, I imagine that I'd carry a spare in the watch pocket of my jeans just like I carry a spare AA now. Plenty of room for a (bulky) 18650.

spankone

Enlightened
I brought a solarforce extension tube and spare switch. And blocked the other end with http://sugru.com/ it's water proof and not only will you have a dry spare battery but a spare switch just incase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have different size plastic tubes made for batteries. I just put 1 or 2 (depending on the container) and put it in my pocket or tool bag or field kit. I also have several Chinese made 18650 bags that hold 4 or more batteries. Those will fit in the back pocket or on the belt (or in a bag). Depends on the length of the trip and how far from my vehicle I will be. Walmart sells match cases that are perfect for the 18650 and cost 99 cents each.

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep 2 C123 batteries in a cheap plastic waterproof match container I think the 18650 would fit fine, and be safe.
Jerry

Raze

Enlightened
In my jeans little watch pocket, I carry one of these guys:

71d27c59-21a8-f496.jpg

These are cool cases that are really close-fitting for one 18650 or two 18350's. The case is made of Polyethylene Teraphthalate Glycol (PETG) so It's rigid by nature, but having some certain degree of flex to them - particularly in the molded caps which feels silicone-like. That's why it is somewhat comfortable to carry in the watch pocket. Not sure if it's totally waterproof though, but the cap does come down substantially along the length of the square tube. Splash-resistant/weatherproof maybe, but still insulates the content well enough from any metallic object.

I got them from Jason of Dark Sucks as he provides them FOC with purchase of 18650 from his store but he sells them loose too, custom ordered from Caplugs.com

Jason's Maker's sticker was placed by me though, so I know which 18650 to go with the Prometheus Alpha that I EDC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please pardon typos.

Last edited: