New Weaponlight with pics :) "warning pic heavy"

SouthernSorrows

Newly Enlightened
replaced burned out pentagon X3HA seen in pic 1 with Sunwayman T20CS, AP01 tailswitch, and Surefire Red Flip-open filter.

IMG_0828.jpg

IMG_0935-1.jpg

IMG_0951-1.jpg

IMG_0943-1.jpg

wish it would hurry-up and get dark so I can try it out ....

Last edited:

SouthernSorrows

Newly Enlightened
Very nice! That's some great paint work. Are you going to give your new T20CS a matching paint job?
I put 5 different colors of duracoat on there and have none of them left lol. trying to jutify $16.99 per color x 5 to paint a light. I have a bunch of HK ar-15 mags that need painting also i guess.

Taschenlampe Dude

Newly Enlightened
I put 5 different colors of duracoat on there and have none of them left lol. trying to jutify $16.99 per color x 5 to paint a light. I have a bunch of HK ar-15 mags that need painting also i guess.

Ouch! That would be difficult to justify but if you want matching mags, it probably isn't so bad.

Did you get a chance to test it outside yet? I'd be interested in hearing your impressions. I wasn't familiar with that light so I've been doing some reading on it and it looks like it might be a good replacement for my old Blackhawk Falcata.

SouthernSorrows

Newly Enlightened
fit and finish on the light is top notch. and I haven't gotten any beamshots yet but it puts out an insane amount of light it throws about 250+yards... I need to go uphill then shine down to see how far it'll throw but even at that distance you could clearly see what's going on. The only downside is that it's so bright when you turn it off you have floaty things buzzing around your eyeballs as you try and get your night vision back. The beam itself isn't as cool white as other lights I've seen which is a good thing as some lights are just toooo pale and almost blueish. The Surefire FM65 filter fits it perfectly making it easy to sneak up on game, and also keep the front glass protected. The rear pressure switch setup is everything you'd need. You can either use the pressure pad to hold the light on or reach over with your thumb and push the constant on tail switch, and cycle through the brightness levels to med or low for walking long distances without being seen for miles and running down your batteries.

haven't gotten any 18650 batteries on hand but with cr123a's i have duracel, panasonic and battery station branded batts. The duracel are alot brighter than the others and out of the 3 brands the panasonics are dimmest....all new and they all have 8+ years left on expiration dates.

Last edited:

SouthernSorrows

Newly Enlightened
forgot to mention the mountable portion of the lights body is .850 out of 1.00 "1 inch" so you'll need to add a layer of rubber like i used or whatever to add about 1/8th of an inch of thickness in order to mount it in a standard 1 inch light mount... sunwayman claims it weapon mountable yet they use a weirdass tube diameter.... if you were to try and put it in a 3/4 inch mount it'd be too tight.

Taschenlampe Dude

Newly Enlightened
That's odd. Sounds like they didn't research weapon mounts before making that claim. Did you test it at max output (Turbo?) or at the 400+ lumen output?

SouthernSorrows

Newly Enlightened
That's odd. Sounds like they didn't research weapon mounts before making that claim. Did you test it at max output (Turbo?) or at the 400+ lumen output?
turbo isn't much brighter than the high 658 lumen/476 lumen both settings are ridiculously bright but turbo def throw a little farther. I mostly carry 2 lights, the one on the gun for lighting things up and a fenix pd30 "pocket/edc light" for walking round.