Results 2,041 to 2,070 of 2082

Thread: What watch you're wearing?

Default Re: What watch you're wearing?

New strap for my Speedy homage...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow those are some nice watches. Iíve been wanting a Apple Watch but Iím really hard on watches. Between working on cars, painting etc. I usually scratch the face or the band gets painted. I know I know just take it off...

Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
    New arrival today from China.
    NH 35 movement, sapphire crystal,bright initial lume (check for longevity tonight).

The switch from arabic(?) to roman on the face is freaking me out.
    This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.
    Be prepared for the truth.

I have one 'play' watch, a bertucci. If you have not tried one of them, you are missing out... as far as actual wearing comfort goes. The titanium case with the offset crown make for a wonderful, comfortable, light watch. The solid bars and continuous strap are nice also.

Quote Originally Posted by Racefan55 View Post
    Wow those are some nice watches. Iíve been wanting a Apple Watch but Iím really hard on watches. Between working on cars, painting etc. I usually scratch the face or the band gets painted. I know I know just take it off...
    I have had very good success with Catalyst cases for my Apple watch. Thereís a pic of it a ways back in this thread. I have a rough on watches job and they get bashed and wet all the time and these cases have kept the watch alive for I think three years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Racefan55 View Post
    Sapphire crystal goes a LONG way toward being scratch proof. Wife's ~5 year old watch, worn 12 hours a day, is still perfect. Rest of watch... worn down to nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by turbodog View Post
    The switch from arabic(?) to roman on the face is freaking me out.
    It's called a California dial... I have no idea why, but I love this dial.

Enlightened

I usually use a Seiko 5, mine's the speed-racer dial with a polished case. Currently on a raggedy NATO strap.
    Still going strong after 9 years. Replaced a quartz Wenger Field that was also very nice but unassuming after THAT was destroyed in an accident.

Companion for a snowshoeing hike!

Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    I've never heard of an auto with a battery, and thought "auto" specifically meant a self-winding watch without one. I'm not a watch guy, though, so what I know about them is a drop in the bucket(or ocean!).
    Bought a Seiko SKX007J1 when I was in Airborne School at 19, and after the face got knocked loose ~15yrs later, replaced it with the Black Monster. Had a couple others at one point, that I gave away, but I'm going on 50, and have really only worn two watches in my adult life.
    Maybe I should copy/paste that into the "stuff that works" thread!
    Seiko makes (or used to I dinno) an automatic where the kinetic energy not only wound of the watch but that in turn charged a small battery. Both of mine stopped recharging and I've yet to replace the battery but they were pretty accurate for automatics. They called them kinetics instead of automatic.
    John 3:16

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    Seiko makes (or used to I dinno) an automatic where the kinetic energy not only wound of the watch but that in turn charged a small battery. Both of mine stopped recharging and I've yet to replace the battery but they were pretty accurate for automatics. They called them kinetics instead of automatic.
    The Seiko Kinetic uses a capacitor to store its energy instead of a battery.
    I bought one in the early 90's and it stopped working after 7 years or so. Pretty common for the capacitor of the earlier models to give out.
    The service life of the more modern models have become much longer and more reliable plus they store more energy for a longer reserve.
    What are you people......on DOPE!?!

I'm fancy.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GAYQKO

Currently on the 4th one. The band or something usually breaks around 18 months. Used to be able to get one for around $13. Light and digital - absolute must for me.
    GOOD TINT!

Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    I'm fancy.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GAYQKO

Currently on the 4th one. The band or something usually breaks around 18 months. Used to be able to get one for around $13. Light and digital - absolute must for me.
    Get yourself a G-Shock. You wonít be killing those every 18 months, thatís for sure. It took me I think a least a dozen years to wear my first G-Shock down to the point where I had to just retire it.

Quote Originally Posted by luxlunatic View Post
    The Seiko Kinetic uses a capacitor to store its energy instead of a battery.
    I bought one in the early 90's and it stopped working after 7 years or so. Pretty common for the capacitor of the earlier models to give out.
    The service life of the more modern models have become much longer and more reliable plus they store more energy for a longer reserve.
    The other day I checked my white face to see if it said automatic or kinetic. Moving it caused it to charge up enough to get the second hand moving in low battery mode (once every two seconds) and I left it on the dresser as a reminder to replace the battery (err uh capacitor). This morning it was still running, and in normal mode. This afternoon it was still running. Perhaps it's still taking a charge but for some reason would not a year ago? I dunno. I had shaken it for like 30 minutes way back when and it never would leave low battery mode back then so I just stashed it in a drawer.

If it keeps working I'll set it to the correct date.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 01-28-2021 at 04:47 PM.
    John 3:16

Did a bunch of strap changes today.
    Clockwise from upper left, grey sailcloth on Seiko, tan rally on Corgeut diver, green canvas on Corgeut field watch, and Hirsch Boston Buffalo on Bulova Pilot.

GOOD TINT!

Recently picked up this Casio F-91w. I always liked the retro styling but thought it would be too small. Had a few square G Shocks in the past which I like but they always were smacking into stuff, getting caught on my sleeves, and uncomfortable to sleep with them on. Finally pulled the trigger on this little plastic wonder and I am not ashamed to say how much I love it. I'm 6ft 1 and I don't feel that it's too small at all. Simplicity at it's finest.
    Untitled by Six Pound Cat, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by gurdygurds View Post
    Had a few square G Shocks in the past which I like but they always were smacking into stuff, getting caught on my sleeves, and uncomfortable to sleep with them on.
    I took a look at the round ones...those are insane!! I'd be taking corners of drywall off my house just wearing one. Low profile and smaller that's my game.
    GOOD TINT!

The Casio W-217 and Casio A168 lines are definitely worth taking a look at if you're digging the F91

Hey guys, hope your all safe and doing well . All OK in the UK..........well within reason! Nothing new watch front at moment, but i am contemplating a new one soon. Just have to work through my shortlist of 350 Nah its out of 3 or 4, but ive mostly been wearing Gs. My autos have been sat in a case!

Wont bore with doing the last month haha, but last few

I know the heart rate monitor isnt the best, but i dont care, close to getting this as like the design/colours and a little different
    https://g-shock.co.uk/gbd-h1000-1a4er

gurdygurds that casio is a sure fire classic! Wear in good health
    Many people wonder if something may look to small or too big. If they feel snobby or show off wearing a Rolex etc(not all but it often comes up). Things like "what will the other office staff think if i wear my Rolex in work?" The answer is , no one will even notice, never mind actually care(unless obvious watch fanatics but then they would get it anyway). On the G forum and FB groups, you see all kinds. Kings overhanging wrists, rangeman beast(1000) on ladies wrists. All that matters is the person wearing is happy.

The only ones i get comments on, are from other G shock owners or diver owners. There is only a short period of time at the locker room, it would get noticed. The start and end as i cant wear one in work. Probably get beat quick anyway, i take off if working on car as its just asking for unnecessary and avoidable scrapes, as you reach down the side of an engine bay etc.

However a bit of chainsaw action, it stays on!

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    Get yourself a G-Shock. You wonít be killing those every 18 months, thatís for sure. It took me I think a least a dozen years to wear my first G-Shock down to the point where I had to just retire it.

Thats a big fat +1 from me as well.

$60 or so will get you a cool square 5600 or a minty used 5610(solar and multiband 6). Good for a couple of decades ..................then you might need to change the rechargeable battery at around 25yrs

A little color for Monday

I love the photos y'all post and very much enjoy seeing what we're all wearing. There are a lot of watches that I personally wouldn't wear but really appreciate seeing, so this thread is absolutely awesome for me on multiple levels.

I hope to get some time this winter to start posting photos, too.

OK. So I have expressed my new found love for the A-91w. It got me thinking that having one with a black coated steel case would be awesome to have, so I started researching. Came across an older model called the A160 which is black coated steel in the same form factor. Found one on Ebay so I said what the heck and pulled the trigger. Got home from work just now and there it is in the mailbox. This..thing....is....AWESOME! Japan made which is always a plus in my book. I'm absolutely dorking out over these little Casios!!

QUOTE=Grijon;5440255]I love the photos y'all post and very much enjoy seeing what we're all wearing. There are a lot of watches that I personally wouldn't wear but really appreciate seeing, so this thread is absolutely awesome for me on multiple levels.

I hope to get some time this winter to start posting photos, too.[/QUOTE]

That A160's pretty cool...
    The TK20. Yes, it still rocks- WoodsWalker

Yea I really like it. Even the band is comfortable and I'm not a metal strap dude normally. In flashlight terms, I would equate the F-91w plastic fantastic watch with the Photon Freedom. Simple, functional, and super cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by scout24 View Post
    That A160's pretty cool...

This Casio ...

... is one of my favorites, and I wear it often. Seeing that World Time mini-map always brings to mind the global and astronomical nature of time in a way that I find interesting.

World timer / GMT / 24hr complications are especially fascinating to me.
    ... is the archimedes peak

Page 69 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1959626364656667686970 LastLast