Malkoff        
Page 70 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2060636465666768697071 LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,100 of 2104

Thread: What watch you're wearing?

Default Re: What watch you're wearing?

All this Casio talk has me pulling out my relics!

I had these 3 since new in the 80's. The bottom left was my first Casio, the one on top was 2nd and that design about a year later morphed into the G-Shock with some extra casing but utilizing the same "movement" for many years after. I have never seen another like it, similar but not that one. I remember the original battery in it lasted over 9 years, pretty amazing efficiency for the era.
    Bottom right is a touch calculator that still operates! That screen was hard not to nick as a kid and one scratch can end the calc function. That watch was electronic wizardry to me then!!

Next is a Triple Sensor from the early/mid 90's.
    This was the last Casio I purchased before getting into Citizen Divers, then Seiko Divers and finally finding my way down the automatic rabbit hole...

I still have a Twin Sensor around somewhere and I've had many other Casio's that were lost or traded over the decades.
    What are you people......on DOPE!?!

Reminds me of 7th grade, about 1995 I guess. The smartest guy in class was into calculator watches. One day he shows up with a watch that you could program to control your VCR (pretty darn good back then!) The teacher started some educational video and he kept hitting STOP the minute she sat down. She didn't know what was going on. Good times!
    GOOD TINT!

Unenlightened

Submariners (ma wife`s gift)
    But 95% of time - Fitness tracker Honor Band 5
    worktime employee monitoring software
    Last edited by ZigmudLeic; 02-24-2021 at 07:39 AM.

Sinn 556i - I really like how clean the design is and how quick it is to read, and the marvelous mechanical internals are really fun.

Very cool lux, especially the triple sensor.......awesome

Little catch up for week(could not comment before due to server)

Ven, it has taken me over a year of watch interest, but I have really come to appreciate digital - and that means I enjoy your photos more than ever now!

I don't think I ever said: those vintage Casios above are AWESOME! Thank you guys so much for sharing those.

I have a base 5600 that I think is the perfect blend of function with some retro feel to it and I use it for serious timekeeping (travel, work and such), but the digitals that I wear the most are the two little ones that give me the 80s and 90s vibe so much - Casio's W-217H and A168.

Quote Originally Posted by Grijon View Post
    Ven, it has taken me over a year of watch interest, but I have really come to appreciate digital - and that means I enjoy your photos more than ever now!

Having had divers and chronos mostly, it was nice to have a few digital options. I love my auto divers no less, but that classic/nostalgic and retro feel from a casio digital watch is unparalleled. Simple, cheap(within reason), reliable and just work. Only down side (although they do look cool) is casio's love for negative displays. These unless perfect lighting conditions, can be a pita to read in low light, impossible even!.

Ebay can be fun to, checking for older G shocks and casios, calculator ones, protreks etc, lots of classic stuff for pocket change at times. 20 bucks or so can get you a watch for life!

The 5600 is an awesome square Grijon, work or play it will be there when you need it. Tough, light weight and not like many G shocks that can be bulky to HUGE. Glad enjoying the digitals

Hump day king

I am starting to like the square Casio digitals, too. I never really got into Casio digital watches because I find most of them ugly, or too bulky. However, I am really digging the black G-Shock 5600. That looks just right. I spent some time looking at mods for the 5600, and you can have a lot of fun with them for just a few bucks. Filters, cases, bands, etc.

I bought the new crystal version of the 5600 last week, and immediately returned it. It looked cheap and I hated the clear band. I also got the crystal Casioak GA2100SKE-7A, and it didn't do anything for me, either. It seems like more of a novelty than a legitimate watch. The dial and digital display are not as clear as I like, and I can't get past the totally clear band. Fortunately, I can flip it on eBay and get a (used) dive watch. It's was an early birthday present, so even if I liked it I would have to wait to wear it.

Now off to eBay to hunt down a cheap 5600. Don't tell my wife!
    Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!
    Psalms 46:10

Have a look at the 5610 as well datiLED, a little more (like $20 or so) and you get multi band 6 and solar. Basically chances are, you wont be replacing the rechargeable battery before 2040!

Bands and bezels wise, yes so many options, check ali express to. Lots of different ones, from ss and ti flavours, camo etc etc. The combi bracelet is a good option if you can find one with that, very comfortable. Not sure on your wrist size, but the 5600/5610 is on smaller side of the Gs(some prefer that to). The king (56) is a chunky square and also worth a look. This would be more suited to 7.5"+ wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    Have a look at the 5610 as well datiLED, a little more (like $20 or so) and you get multi band 6 and solar. Basically chances are, you wont be replacing the rechargeable battery before 2040!

Bands and bezels wise, yes so many options, check ali express to. Lots of different ones, from ss and ti flavours, camo etc etc. The combi bracelet is a good option if you can find one with that, very comfortable. Not sure on your wrist size, but the 5600/5610 is on smaller side of the Gs(some prefer that to). The king (56) is a chunky square and also worth a look. This would be more suited to 7.5"+ wrist.
    Ven, Thanks for the tip on the 5610! That sounds like a pretty good value if I can find one under $50. My wrist is on the smaller size at 6.6", but I prefer larger watches. My sweet spot is 42 - 45mm, with 44mm being perfect.

This TW-408 is my most comfortable watch. It is 45mm in diameter and 13mm thick, with a 4mm thick leather strap. It is my largest watch, but wears much smaller than it's dimensions. For a cheap quartz, it sees a fair amount of wrist time.
    (For the record, my wrist is wider than the watch. The picture makes the watch look extra large.)

Last edited by datiLED; 02-25-2021 at 01:03 PM.
    Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!
    Psalms 46:10

Hello CPF, i hope everyone is good, safe and healthy .
    Well to tell truth i get fed up of posting the same old, so i bought 4 new Gs. Here they are.....

Could not resist the camo casiok (2100) or camoak as i call it, with sale a cheap £80

The 6900bc JDM with combi

Todays wear the mudman mb6/solar, smaller than one would expect, so if you dont want a HUGE G, this has the retro feel in abundance

Then this HUGE G , its actually the largest G shock bar none at 66mm diameter. Its 2mm thinner at 18.2mm thick than the beast(gpr1000) and 20g lighter around 140g. But for wrist presence , this is the real king.
    gwp2000, not only has mb6, also bluetooth (phone app that you can set alarms etc and show your position as well as track yourself on map, and update time to)and GPS for global positioning. 3 ways of updating the time to the second! Carbon fibre insert strap. An LED back light that actually can light up close by. The lume is very impressive to(see pics)
    Next to king 56 and 9400 rangeman

lume

Reflect of lume on wall

Obv pics always make look larger due to fact of close up, so a more in perspective of the 66mm G

Oh last but not least, i sourced a classic retro G for someone in UK

Quote Originally Posted by datiLED View Post
    Ven, Thanks for the tip on the 5610! That sounds like a pretty good value if I can find one under $50. My wrist is on the smaller size at 6.6", but I prefer larger watches. My sweet spot is 42 - 45mm, with 44mm being perfect.

This TW-408 is my most comfortable watch. It is 45mm in diameter and 13mm thick, with a 4mm thick leather strap. It is my largest watch, but wears much smaller than it's dimensions. For a cheap quartz, it sees a fair amount of wrist time.
    (For the record, my wrist is wider than the watch. The picture makes the watch look extra large.)

Your welcome, you will love the 5610 and should be able to find a mint used one for that. New can be found for $70+ ish, so not too hard. Here is a comparison of the 5610 next to the king 56(mine is 5610bc which is the JDM flavour mb6/solar the same as all 5610, but with combi bracelet and neg display( defo go for positive display)

King 56 left, 5610 right
    Last edited by ven; 04-04-2021 at 11:04 PM.

Just bought the royal navy frogman yesterday so await its arrival! Till the , a little update on whats been worn
    Put a casio combi on the casiok, £65 from tiktox, much better as the strap was cheap

Frog friday in more than one way
    Starter off

Then i got G mail
    Size of that box!

Plastic off

old and new

No time setting, so last year! connect to the g shock app via bluetooth. Hold C in for 2.5s(4 o'clock button), accept new G. Hands move back/forth to set exact along with date. Easy as can be!

Have a good weekend CPF, stay safe and healthy out there

I met a watch repairman at a car forum and asked him about a couple of old watches I have that stop running after a bit. They are the manual wind type of no particular value or prestige so I put them in a drawer thinking "yeah someday" but to have them properly cleaned and lubed costs way more than they are worth.

Anyway he asked me to send him some photos so he could determine whatever a watch repairman determines by looking at a photograph.

The Elgin Sportsman has been running spot on for a few hours so far.

Aaaaaand just like that I hit "reply" and it stopped working. A gentle tap or two gets it restartedÖÖbut not for long.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 04-11-2021 at 10:33 AM.
    John 3:16

A freshen up, a little light lube, maybe good as new Mike. Sentimental value is priceless

Todays Gs

Then later on

Bit if bluetooth, mb6 and GPS, no excuses for being late with the gpw2000

Then afternoon swap to the mud

Happy Frog Friday CPF, have a great weekend, hope everyone is good.

Bit of a mad one today, thats what happens when covered nights this week and only had 3hrs sleep!
    RN frog

then 8200

Suns out so 9400 desert camo

Off out for a shop

Thats just the morning........i need help!

Repaired a friends G

g man mail

Some vessel drivers for my Gs

Started off king

then 9400

now gpw2000

Quite a few will recognise shaggy in flashlight pics, well its kicked off big time!

Have a good weekend CPF

WOW types a load out and disappeared, short version
    Todays wear

New frog livery
    Naked frog

Job on car, coolant leak, clip on coolant sensor 1/2 way down back of engine , pita to get to but sorted., Pressure test showed up hair line crack in coolant bottle

new fitted

Had the 9400 dc on, washed car to

Cheers

What day is it? Its 🐸 friday

Have a good one CPF

Loving the pics and info, ven!

Iíve been wearing my 5600 most workdays, sharing work-duty with my blue Duro. Outside of work it could be any watch any day, while most Sundays itís my Citizen Promaster diver Eco-Drive.

Some day Iíll learn picture sharing...

Quote Originally Posted by Grijon View Post
    Loving the pics and info, ven!

Iíve been wearing my 5600 most workdays, sharing work-duty with my blue Duro. Outside of work it could be any watch any day, while most Sundays itís my Citizen Promaster diver Eco-Drive.

Some day Iíll learn picture sharing...

Good stuff Grijon, i just use imgur, its free and easy. If its computer, just upload the pic and copy the BBCode and paste here

Have a good week CPF

Ven- Have you used the G-Shock app to interface with the Frogman yet? How do you like it?
    The TK20. Yes, it still rocks- WoodsWalker

Quote Originally Posted by scout24 View Post
    Ven- Have you used the G-Shock app to interface with the Frogman yet? How do you like it?
    Sorry for delay

Yes its awesome and super easy, hold the specific button in(the frog is bottom left, the gpw2000 bottom right) for 2.5s ish and it connects. It will adj time if required via bluetooth, however i get mb6 so its already to the second. You can use to set up alarms etc.

To make easy, i just connected the frog and took screen shots

Press hold bottom left

At bottom where shows guide is a sliding bar with various modes, swipe and world time, dive time, alarms etc how up(on the gpw200 that has global positioning, that shows a map of where you are and been)

Super easy to set up, then it just updates watch, Its impressive watching hands move with the servos at various speeds! Super clever and cool.

Hope explains OK
    Todays Gs

then the gpw2000 mentioned

Cheers

Thanks for the app info!! It looks like it's easy to use. I'm glad you CAN use it, not HAVE to use it... Far cry from the F91w...
    The TK20. Yes, it still rocks- WoodsWalker

Haha a little !

Yes you donít need the app to use watch ,which is a very good thing, as many might not even have a smart phone! But it does make it a lot easier. I say that, Iíve not even tried to do the old fashioned way. It would involve a lot of time, reading up! So I guess until I need to , I will just use the app for ease. But I only use it for the time anyway lol.

All my watches are bought because I like the design basically, not because it tells temp of can use as a compass. There are some real neat stuff in some Gs. Cool and no doubt useful . Where as Iím a little old school with flashlights (wonít use phone), I am with watches (wonít use phone when wearing).

Page 70 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2060636465666768697071 LastLast