Jetbeam        
Page 32 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2225262728293031323334353637383942 ... LastLast

Thread: What watch you're wearing?

Default Re: What watch you're wearing?

Love it, wow, just space for 24!!!! I would love to be that brave, but i would keep buying watches at a crazy rate. I now know even certain grail types dont quench the hunger for more. Exactly the same as flashlights. This is the one..........oh no it isnt!

There is room for a couple of G shocks, if your not keen on the resin, go metal. Maybe the MTG range(higher end but not as expensive as the MRG). Careful mint used shopping could net a nice one for under 500 bucks. I am trying to hold out for this army edition carbon mud. At £400 its not cheap, no minty used of course as not out yet. So i may treat myself early March(or when released) .
    You have some real nice pieces there Mike, awesome family you have collected. Lots of choices.......did i say you need a G . I have maybe 20, and its so difficult at times. I can be stood there staring and pondering what to grab for the day. Surely you must suffer the same, decisions decisions........but its fun .
    Today........square camo day

Happy Friday all

Shouldnít it be a frog for Friday Ven? No sign of that MOD version yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha good spot, it actually is, its also been Tissot Friday as well. Later it will be Oris when off out for a meal.

At present, soon to be the TT1

I am sure its around mid March the release, so another 2 weeks or so . Mine maybe on hold, damn car problems(last 2 weeks of them). Might need 2 injectors which are 3-400 ea. So will have to see how i get on.

Ouch - there is always a bill to pay, isnít there. If it helps, Iíll post extra photos of mine that you can enjoy

Thanks for the heads up about the date. I wonder if the Covid19 outbreak will slow things up from Japan...

Quote Originally Posted by mhpreston View Post
    Ouch - there is always a bill to pay, isnít there. If it helps, Iíll post extra photos of mine that you can enjoy

Thanks for the heads up about the date. I wonder if the Covid19 outbreak will slow things up from Japan...

Seems endless at the moment! Kitchen almost done, so thats one thing i guess. Be nice for the Treg to behave, everything is so expensive. Bills of a few 100 dont exist anymore.

Oris and ready for out

Look forward to your pics
    I may be able to scrape an army carbon, will have to see how much the Treg costs. If it needs 2 injectors, its going to be getting on for 1k
    Not even had chance to look at it yet as one of the ramps is broke, so behind on everything.

Good looking Oris though, ven

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Thank you Mike, bit slow today recovering from last night. Also the great news the car needs a new turbo........3 faults showing on VCDS. So that isnt going to be cheap!

CW day

Little camo to start the day of rest, hope all those calendars are correct Mike

ven i didn't know you're into watches also
    Great lineup you got there

Thank you sir , yes always liked watches. Bug seemed to bite with G shocks in the last 2 or 3 years. I tend to go through phases , I am also hoping I am slowing down a little . There are a couple more I would like to add at some point, but I need to move some on also. No more than 20, ideally 10-15 would be ideal.

Oris Aquis Source of Life LE

Casio Edifice walking the line between sporty and dressy at a very affordable price point. EFV100D-1AV

Very smart

Mudmaster GG-1000-1A3

Happy hump day
    5610 combi

Can't quit looking at this brown dial.

T.W. Steel TW408. At 45mm, you can practically read from across the room. This is probably my most comfortable watch.
    Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!
    Psalms 46:10

Very nice

Not a good week so far, Treg cost has jumped from £1300-£1400 up to £1600 now, thanks to swirl flaps needing attention. This was found after turbo was removed. Garret turbo alone is £860+vat. Its been a hard week with no car, hoping fixed for weekend so i can start looking at my next! It will be as good as new for next owner if i do sell it. No advisories, new turbo and swirl flaps(common issue the latter on the v6 tdi). It will be a hard motor to replace with 4wd and comfort, but darn its annoyed the hell out of me this time. If it was only worth 3k or less, it would have been scrapped.
    Today the rangerman 9400

Stay safe CPF with COVID-19, its going to be a tough year.

Peace and love to all.

Ouch - sorry to hear that Ven!

Itís mad how £200 has made me go from a little annoyed to fuming . Itís like that little push thatís gone over the edge. In the scheme of things, itís hardly end of the world. Just annoying . But it will give me a kick to find another . Itís a nice Hanko, the army carbon and a nice Chris Ward watch .

It's a pilot's watch kind of a day...

Just as it's the time of the year for everyone to be sick, maybe this is a difficult time of year for vehicles?

My Accord got hit by a distracted driver, so it's in the bodyshop (all expenses paid, thank the Lord).
    My old junk Civic was put into frontline duty, where it promptly blew a brakeline thanks to some heavyfootedness by a driver other than myself.
    And my Yamaha V Star 950 is in the shop, primarily for routine maintenance, but it's battery was so completely toast that I had to get a jump start to get it to the shop - after fully charging the battery.

As I said, the Lord takes care of us and we've got a 2020 Nissan Altima rental, paid for by the distracted driver's insurance company - otherwise, we'd have no motor vehicles at all at the moment!

Quote Originally Posted by Grijon View Post
    Just as it's the time of the year for everyone to be sick, maybe this is a difficult time of year for vehicles?

My Accord got hit by a distracted driver, so it's in the bodyshop (all expenses paid, thank the Lord).
    My old junk Civic was put into frontline duty, where it promptly blew a brakeline thanks to some heavyfootedness by a driver other than myself.
    And my Yamaha V Star 950 is in the shop, primarily for routine maintenance, but it's battery was so completely toast that I had to get a jump start to get it to the shop - after fully charging the battery.

As I said, the Lord takes care of us and we've got a 2020 Nissan Altima rental, paid for by the distracted driver's insurance company - otherwise, we'd have no motor vehicles at all at the moment!

Sorry to hear, its sure no fun at all. i am hoping it might be ready tomorrow!. Not sure about COVID-19 but its got something!!!!!!! I have been pondering a back up motor regardless, its a bit extravagant though and Rach is not bothered about driving. If she was, it would be a win win. I would get a honda civic or even a subaru for her, then use in case of any emergency. But 2 lots of tax and insurance is not ideal , for a just in case scenario.

Nice pilot Mike

Still wearing the 9400

Cheap as chips today, Ven. 😉
    F91w on a NATO strap.

Datiled- I can read that all the way up here in Pennsylvania!
    Last edited by scout24; 03-05-2020 at 10:16 AM.
    The TK20. Yes, it still rocks- WoodsWalker

Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    .... I have been pondering a back up motor regardless ....
    There are probably a few others here (myself included) on CPF who might have a two is one outlook on things
    ... is the archimedes peak

Quote Originally Posted by scout24 View Post
    Cheap as chips today, Ven. 
    F91w on a NATO strap.

Datiled- I can read that all the way up here in Pennsylvania!

Quite possibly the best value watch on the planet earth bar none!!! Its a well respected/famous/reliable/simple piece that can not be beat bang for buck.

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    There are probably a few others here (myself included) on CPF who might have a two is one outlook on things

Haha, what is it again? 2 is 1? i may have read something about or along the lines

Flashlights, watches, wives(haha) fair enough, but 2 cars ...........If i was rich i would probably have 1 for each day of the week! Well ok maybe not even then. The trouble archi for me, i can not have a junky car still. So it would have to be 1/2 decent/safe/little fun. Which means even though maybe 2k would suffice, the insurance £400, then road tax could be £570 again. It would put my £570 r/t and £500 insurance doubled. All for a just in case time. What i need is a reliable/dependable large family chariot. All being well, there is a nice FSH audi s4 avant not too far away, if it is nice, i will get that. Then sell mine, mine could sell within days or weeks, who knows. Or i could take a chance and sell mine, then buy one. I dont tie up too much funds in cars, nor do i lease /hp. I prefer to buy cash, so it limits me some what. I know so many people who drive a £500-£1000 car, when it starts to need money, scrap and start over. They never loose more than what they pay(usually get £200 scrap). Go out spend 10k, within 12m (generally as there are exceptions) its worth around £6k. So thats a possible 4k lost in 12-18months.

As i am sure you know, cars(again generally as there are a few exceptions) are not a good investment. So i try and limit that amount to find 1/2 decent . Now and then you get bit, this is one of those times lol

Even after this spend and some previous, if i can sell for roughly what its worth, i wont be too out of pocket.

Anything with a motor is not an "investment" (lol) .... I've generally driven mine until the wheels fall off, put on more wheels, then repeat.
    ... is the archimedes peak

Page 32 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2225262728293031323334353637383942 ... LastLast