Prometheus        
Page 38 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2831323334353637383940414243444548 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1786

Thread: What watch you're wearing?

Flashaholic*

Default Re: What watch you're wearing?

Last edited by RBR; 05-27-2020 at 08:45 AM.

Nice watches guys! Lounging with my beater Mudman this fine Saturday. Have a great weekend everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    Very nice guys, love the frogy

Today all starting stealth, have a safe weekend guys

Love that stealth GDF Ven! I don't know why but the whole Alti-Thermo feature reminds me of my long gone Riseman "Alti-Baro". I miss that watch...

Very cool and love the mudman. I have two in watched, just missed out on a carbon mudman(JDM). So still on look out , soon as I find one itís bought! Even though I donít plan on buying any more lol. The mudman reminds me of the rangeman 9400(with the eye). That I have grown to love, the mudman will be the same.

The 100bb was the G that got me hooked, first one in decades. Then it started ,within about 6 months, 1 here and 1 there. From what I have bid on (outbid ) to ones close to buying, I have got it under control!!!!

Cheers

Field watch day

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Flashaholic*

Saw my favorite knife shop had a bunch of Gs for cheap. I may have to get one.
    Big butnotsomuch-burly

Flashaholic*

ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1586043400.630365.jpg

This is my humble citizen that needs the date set
    Big butnotsomuch-burly

Nice guys! I really like Timex and Citizen watches (I'll find a Citizen to wear for tomorrow). MAD, that Timex is classy and readable. Timex and I go back a long way. The first watch I ever asked for as a kid was a Timex like my dad's. The Timex Ironman was the only watch I ever saw my dad wear when I was a kid. He still wears one as a beater everyday now, haha! My mum took me to the store to pick one out for my birthday (9th birthday if I remember correctly). I ended up being swayed by the Atlantis 100 (the exact one shown in the pic below! I know, pack rat, right?!). I loved that Atlantis 100, but I felt a pang of regret at not picking an Ironman like my dad. I wore that watch every day for years! There were probably only two other nerds like me that ever wore watches at school I bet if I stuck a battery in that watch it would still work after 30+ years!

The last Timex I bought was in college. By that point I had stopped wearing watches on a regular basis. I had one of those old candy bar Nokia cell phones (you know the kind that still fit in your pockets!) and I had since stopped relying on a wristwatch for my time keeping. I had a buddy that had a really sweet Seiko Sportura kinetic chronograph watch that I thought was the bee's knees! I remember seeing them in high school but when I saw how much they cost, gave up the idea of ever owning one (never say never though!). Anyway, I decided I really wanted to pick up a chronograph watch. I was on a very limited budget though, so it was going to have to be something affordable. I came across the Timex in the second picture below (can't remember the model), but it was on sale for about $34. Jackpot! I wore that thing for many years until the battery died. After I got married, my wife found my stash of old watches (pack rat! I know, I know!), and decided she liked that Timex chrono. I put a new battery in it, removed every last link in the band to get it to fit my wife's wrist, and now it's in her watch rotation.

Last edited by TyTEK; 04-04-2020 at 10:53 PM.

Orient Rose Gold V.2
    Malkoff M61T, Jetbeam E21A 5700k 9080 AAA.

Quote Originally Posted by bigburly912 View Post
    Saw my favorite knife shop had a bunch of Gs for cheap. I may have to get one.

Do it! you wont regret it, the 5600 squares do seem small( imo) even on my 7.5" wrist, but there are many larger choices. If you like bigger, the 56(king) is a solid choice.

For now a 5600 camo

Very cool TyTEK, timex has a huge following.......HUGE.

Neutralwhite, pic pic pic

Swap back to the trident titanium pro, be a waste to set it up(wind) and not wear again for a while.

Ven - whatís your Casio g-shock recommendation for main time readability? My reading vision fading fast and Iím struggling to read my 5610 without glasses. Need larger digits.
    ďExpertsĒ are wrong about half the time. [My_Lights]

Great Timex story, TyYEK. My first childhood watch was also a Timex. But alas, my pack-rat skills didn't develop until later in life, so it's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by lion504 View Post
    Ven - whatís your Casio g-shock recommendation for main time readability? My reading vision fading fast and Iím struggling to read my 5610 without glasses. Need larger digits.
    Tough call lion, out of the ones i have(just checked them all and any neg display ruled out straight away but looks about the same size). I would say the rangeman 9400 and the 56 king. The 9400 looks and is a tad larger display, the 56 is a little larger in total size.
    9400 looks same size as 5610, the 5610 is a fraction larger than the 5600 digits.
    Few pics
    Coincidently, i have the 9400 on as doing jobs

It seems my go to and just grab watch over the last few week.

The 56(known as the king as it was the largest G) and rangeman 9400

King left, 9400 to right

To summaries, the 9400 has a slightly larger display, the 56 display appears similar in size to the 5600 and my other G shocks.

Is your 5610 a neg display? I have a 5610 and its a pita at best in low light, so i use the auto light to save pressing the light button at night.

Back to the 9400, many G shock fans say it is the best value. It has triple sensor, many bits packed into the watch. i love the 1 press stop watch(even though i dont use). The sun set and rise times, temp/baro/alt/comp etc. mb6 and solar.

It is a large G compared to the 5610, but i do think the 5610 is small(probably down to me being use to larger ones!).

If anyone was to ask for a recommendation for a good G shock, with plenty of functions, the 9400 would be up top(cost/value). The latest 9400 is the blackout edition, its £300 UK side, but has negative display

You can pick up minty hardly worn by a collector 9400's for $150-$200......like new.

Last pic next to a 5610(neg display though) for size

There is a GD350 which just might have the biggest display, check that out as well(not too expensive either). I dont own this one ............yet!

The rangeman 1000 is a beast of a watch, price bumping up a bit though. Also it has its own charger, which may not be convenient.

There is a new G shock which is going to be released this month. It has step count, heart rate monitor(how cool is all that). Its called the gbd-h1000, but not sure on display size/legibility yet. It looks a neg display as well(although the bluetooth ones are better than the non bt versions). So it might be fine.

Hereís my gba800 gshock (taken on the last day of December before the gym went nuts in January.) Would analog dials be better? I know the negative display wonít help at all. The full size timex Ironman watches also have large displays, or maybe a diver? Theyíre designed to be easily read

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes analogue is a good option if digital does not matter too much. Good suggestion!!

Finishing the evening (and start tomorrow) with a little chrono

Nice Tissot, ven!

Yep, very nice!

Thank you gents.

Citizen Sunday! Blue Angels World A-T for today.

Surprisingly enough, my most readable G-Shock happens to be the very first G I ever owned, the MTGM900DA-8 (pictured left). Today, this same watch can be had from Walmart or Amazon for about $80 USD.

Quote Originally Posted by TyTEK View Post
    Citizen Sunday! Blue Angels World A-T for today....
    I always liked that particular model, looks very sharp !
    ... is the archimedes peak

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    I always liked that particular model, looks very sharp !
    Thanks! Some find the dial a bit busy, but I have a tendency towards busy watches. It's definitely less busy than my Promaster Sky that also has a slide rule bezel, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by TyTEK View Post
    Thanks! Some find the dial a bit busy, but I have a tendency towards busy watches. It's definitely less busy than my Promaster Sky that also has a slide rule bezel, haha!
    I think it is very challenging to pack that much info onto a dial, while still keeping it all neat, clean, and legible. I'd say they were successful in that endeavour.
    ... is the archimedes peak

Very true, Citizen did manage a very technically elegant watch with this one (and the Red Arrows version). I've owned it for many years and I never get tired of looking at the complications.

niiiiiiice citizen, i bet thats right up MADs alley to.

Love the vintage G's, there is a nice titanium frog out there to. Pretty rare but out there.

Here's one for ven, LOL.

Yes!!!

Mud Monday, have a safe start to the week guys

Page 38 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2831323334353637383940414243444548 ... LastLast