Prometheus        
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: What watch you're wearing?

Default What watch you're wearing?

Eberhard Tazio Nuvolari Grande Taille Gold Car Collection

Default Re: What watch you're wearing?

What I'm wearing now is the same as shown in this pic (which was taken at 10:10 local time on 10 Oct '10...). It was outta focus because I used a camera on a cellphone. The second hand was also pointing at the 2, but the timestamp from the cellphone might not've been synced up with the atomic clock (to which I set the watch).

It's just a simple Relic... What's fun to me is that I thought it was some knock-off of Fossil, since it had a similar name, but google let me know that Relic was Fossil's department store brand. Also fun minutia? Fossil was founded by the brothers of the guy who founded Retro 1951. Seems they all wanted to make products at first that hearkened to previous times...

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by PCC View Post
    What, no Swatches?

Its a Swatch Irony Body and Soul that I bought in December of 1999 as a Christmas present to myself.
    Update: managed to kill it. Dropped it onto my hardwood floor from about 18" and now it only moves when I'm winding it. I'm not going to get another once since my wife's store now sells Seiko, Citizen, Bulova, and Movado. She's already said that she's going to get me a Movado, though, I'd prefer a more utilitarian Seiko or Citizen solar (employee discounts FTW!).

Flashaholic*

So, I guess this falls under the "careful what you wish for" category. Last night my wife gave me a titanium Seiko that she got as a way of thanks for selling a bunch of watches at her store. This watch is feathery light and should be tough as nails. That leaves my dad's Omega as my dress watch and the Seiko as my EDC. I told her I don't want a Movado anymore as I don't need another watch.

Quote Originally Posted by PCC View Post
    So, I guess this falls under the "careful what you wish for" category. Last night my wife gave me a titanium Seiko that she got as a way of thanks for selling a bunch of watches at her store. This watch is feathery light and should be tough as nails. That leaves my dad's Omega as my dress watch and the Seiko as my EDC. I told her I don't want a Movado anymore as I don't need another watch.
    Can we have a picture of it? I'm also wearing a titanium Seiko with sapphire crystal which I should post a picture of too.
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

Here you go. I had this on the other day.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by kaichu dento View Post
    Can we have a picture of it? I'm also wearing a titanium Seiko with sapphire crystal which I should post a picture of too.
    Here's the Seiko followed by the Omega.

Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Titainium. This is a really tough watch. My EDC and I beat the hell out of it. Waterproof to 1,000 meters. All of the hands and numbers are marked with tritium capsules that stay quite brite for 25+ years. Accurate to certified chronograph standards. I highly recommend Ball watches.

Still wearing my Citizen Titanium "Ecozilla"

Its a big watch, but I am used to it now (it's pretty light), and love it's big easy to read hands, excellent Lume, and I don't have to worry about batteries - just go out in the sun occassionally.

And here it is on my wrist at work (this is a "test shot" looking at the way the sunlight is acting, and how the shadows are falling, before doing a portrait)
    flashlight collector by day
    flashlight user by night

I'm on to an Ice watch now - from Belgium. It's a bright colour!
    Last edited by mhpreston; 07-28-2013 at 02:56 PM.

Here's a pic (from the website). It's XL size.

Flashaholic

just bought a timex expedition

I bought a Baume&Mercier Riviera in 1991 and I have been wearing it ever since. It is beautifully made and flat so it does'nt hang up under a shirt's sleeve.

Quote Originally Posted by 22hornet View Post
    I bought a Baume&Mercier Riviera in 1991 and I have been wearing it ever since. It is beautifully made and flat so it doesn't hang up under a shirt's sleeve.
    Nice! B&M in particular has an excellent reputation for customer service that much more expensive luxury brands don't.

I took a serious look at their current line-up of mechanical watches, but sadly couldn't find anything that appealed to me.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

My best dress watch. American Tank XL...

I've got my Casio ProTrek PRG-250T. Wearing it 24/7. 365 days a year. Usually only comes off for MRI machines.

I have been rotating these two Citizen watches. Both are atomic, Eco-Drive, and sapphire window.

Nice Citizens! This is my fav travelling watch - light, easy to read and the trits make it excellent for anything tactical, although I am far too old for any of that hoo ha...

Now you've started me off... This is meant to be my up-do-date computer watch. Packed with features but I struggle with the UI.
    Last edited by mhpreston; 08-10-2013 at 11:49 PM.

Some of you may not have seen this one before. A freebie but too small for my wrist...

Work watch. Shame they don't do this style anymore...

Something for the weekend, Sir? This is Euro subtle...
    Last edited by mhpreston; 08-10-2013 at 11:50 PM.

^ Keep them coming.

Here are a couple more that are in the rotation.

I actually like the Seiko pictured better than my Orange Monster. I like the dark accents on this piece.

The Bulova Precisionist is big, bold, and beautiful. A co-worker called it a hubcap

My poor camera and photography skills don't do justuce to any of the 4 watches I posted.

You guys arent going to believe this.
    On our way to the campground today, I stopped at a barn where an old guy has an occasional barn sale. Bunch of antiques, miscellaneous junk, etc. Theres a glass case with a bunch of old cigarette lighters, costume jewlery, small stuff and a tray of old watches, mostly junk. I asked to pick through the watch tray while my SO was browsing around.
    There was a watch with a SS oyster style bracelet, I could tell it was a better watch but my eyes are bad and I couldnt tell what it was. I happen to have a B+L watchmakers loupe in my flashlight case in the car which I went to get.
    Came back and checked out the watch. A black dial SS case and bracelet Zodiac SeaWolf Swiss automatic, late 60's or early 70's vintage, 90-95% condition, running amd keeping perfect time. Original bracelet, Zodiac signed clasp and crown, rotating bezel, no pitting whatsoever.
    Damm near perfect condition, acrylic crystal just needs some fine scratches polished out. Dial is perfect.
    Amazing barn find.

Price???? How about $10 bucks says the old man.

I said sold and VERY happily and quickly.handed over a ten spot holding back any reaction.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by lightcycle1; 08-11-2013 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
    ^ Keep them coming.

I actually like the Seiko pictured better than my Orange Monster. I like the dark accents on this piece.
    Nice - I've turned Orange too, thanks to that ICE Watch. My Dad bought me my first decent watch when he was away on an overseas business trip - it ws a Seiko, so they have had a special place in my heart!

Enlightened

Suunto Observer for every day

and I have a 1974 Omega Speedsonic chronometer (a.k.a. "lobster tail")

It's a quite unusual Speedmaster/Seamaster Omega watch with same tuning fork movement of Bulova Accutron.

Here is a "review" if you are interested:

http://loncar.dk/Filer_til_darkos_si...nic_review.pdf
    Streamlight Scorpion (xeno) - Fenix PD32 - ET D25LC2 XM-L2 - ZL SC600 MkII - Fenix E15

Quote Originally Posted by lightcycle1 View Post
    Price???? How about $10 bucks says the old man.

I said sold and VERY happily and quickly.handed over a ten spot holding back any reaction.

Nice find!
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    Nice find!
    On the right is a classic Bulova 17j 10k RGP case hand winder I bought for 5 bucks along with the $10 Zodiac SeaWolf automatic. That Bulova is in exceptional condition as well. 90%. On what appears to be its original lizard skin strap. It wasnt running at the barn but I bought it anyway because i know Bulova had very high grade movements in those old ones and it was in very clean condition. I popped the snap caseback open this morning and got it running with a little gentle coaxing of the escapement wheel and the balance wheel.
    Its running now and keeping reasonable time.
    I'd value this one at around $50-75 now and the Zodiac around $175-200. Both could use a CLR from a qualified watchmaker, but not too shabby of watch finds for $15 bucks for the pair. Both vintage classic beauties with collector interest. The Bulova movement is gorgeous, gold plated 17j movement.
    The Zodiac has kept perfect time now over 24 hours.

I'm tickled to death to find that SeaWolf. I wanted one years ago when I was studying and tinkering with watches pretty heavy.

The $15 dollar barn find duo:
    Try to beat those deals!!!!

Last edited by lightcycle1; 08-12-2013 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lightcycle1 View Post
    The $15 dollar barn find duo:
    Try to beat those deals!!!!
    Not even if I lived to be 203.

Dude I think I undervalued that Seawolf. This one has the grey enamel bezel, black dial, and full original bracelet and clasp. Searching around the web and this piece I fished out of that barn junker watch tray appears to be worth upwards of $350-475.

Holy crap. I knew it was valuable when I identified it but it appears to be a rarer version of the SeaWolf.

Damn. I hit a good one here. We stopped at that barn the other day just on a whim too.

Zodiac is holding at 1-2 minutes a day. The Bulova is actually running better now that it's been exercised a bit. Dead nuts timekeeping, right on the dot. The Zodiac is running very well for what it is amd comsidering the age. It:s too valuable to open the case.
    I have the proper tools, but the SeaWolf cases are notoriously difficult to open and close and its not worth risking damage to do so. The SeaWolfs were popular with Vietnam era Navy SEALS. Waterproof down to 200m which was a high depth standard in its day. I wont expose this to water due to its age. The case appears to have never been opened but the condition of the case seals is unknown and will stay that way.

Last edited by lightcycle1; 08-14-2013 at 07:35 AM.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast