Portable (battery) EL unit?

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
I have seen the plugin night lights for a while but I was able to play with one this past weekend, pretty nice. I know that EL uses AC but are there any small (like a pack of cards or twice that thickness) weather resistant battery operated units. What about non weather resistant? They would make great markers out doors. And I can see some uses in my DC only house:)

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Wits' End said:I have seen the plugin night lights for a while but I was able to play with one this past weekend, pretty nice. I know that EL uses AC but are there any small (like a pack of cards or twice that thickness) weather resistant battery operated units. What about non weather resistant? They would make great markers out doors. And I can see some uses in my DC only house:)

[/ QUOTE ]

Not weather proof but, I just received 3 EL items from the Surelight company in Surrey, England.They come with battery box/converters.(handhelds)

1. a 2-AAA powered green 7" light wand
2. a 2-AAA powered bright pink 25" glow wire (with converter)
3. a 2-AA powered orange glow wire (with the converter).

These items are sold widely for Rave get togethers, Halloween parties etc. Try: www.neontrim.com/ and www.surelight.com/content.php?categoryid=16 scroll down to party & clubbing gear

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
Empath I didn't tink of the Krills Duh on me
But to be fair (to me) I was thinking of something more like the nightlight display. About 1x2" or 1.5x3". The night lights are quite inexpensive but I assume the electronics to power them from DC would raise the price.

VCal the units from Neon Trim how tough are they? The connection point? The battery case? Any idea on battery life?
TIA

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Wits' End said:

VCal the units from Neon Trim how tough are they? The connection point? The battery case? Any idea on battery life?
TIA

[/ QUOTE ]
They seem to be made decently-but as said, not up to survivalist standards.
Connection point? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif -They are self-contained (meaning that the battery compartment & circuitry is in the handle.

The Glowstick draws 65mA on "low" and 105mA on maximum bright. 3-way switch on handle.

The glowwire setup is basically the same, except the wire can be wound aroung anything that you would like to illuminate, and the little battery box can be hidden. Much brighter and more fun than my long gone Krill was. :p