• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS - KL1's @ 1A - Make offer

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
FS - KL1\'s @ 1A - Make offer

*** UPDATE ***
I'm going to call this the "Joseph Special," because my 5 year old, Joseph, grabbed the KL1 off of my bench as I was doing a runtime test on it. As he was running out of the garage with it, he bumped it on the brick wall putting a scuff in the HA on the first ring. Oh well, I can't sell it for new, so I'm asking $80 including Priority shipping with delivery confirmation in the CONUS. The only thing wrong with this light is the scuff. The aluminum does not appear to be dinged. If you're interested let me know.

*** THE JOSEPH SPECIAL IS SOLD ***

*** THE R2K IS SOLD ***

These are definitely not for the conservative. I just got in 3 KL1's and was bored, so under the knife they went. I just couldn't stop myself. I drove all three of them up to ~1A. Two have Q3J's with NX05 optics and one has an R2K with a Fraen low profile optic.

I must say that the Q3J's at 1A with the NX05's are great utility lights. They have great throw and a good bit of side spill; however, the R2K with the Fraen is a throwing beast. It's a good 20 feet and beyond light.

Since I have too many of these things laying around, I need to move some of them. These are already built and centered. They do not have a mark on them. None have been carried and are in as new condition.

If anyone is interested they are $95 each including Priority shipping with delivery confirmation to the CONUS. Payment by PayPal cash transfers. I'd also take a check, but that would slow things down. I cannot take credit cards.

If interested, please post then PM.

*** THE R2K IS SOLD ***

I still have one more KL1 running at 1A with a Q3J high dome in it. If you'd like it in a different configuration let me know. I need to move this thing. If you're interested, make me an offer.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS - KL1\'s @ 1A

pahl,
I don't know. I've never tried it on 123's in this configuration.

Check back later and I'll tell you.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

pahl,
OK, I did a runtime. On 2X123's using DP brand batts, I got just over 1 hour in regulation.

pahl

Enlightened

ok, thanks.
Sorry to get off topic, maybe someone could pm me the answer to my next question.

What would you put in a KL1 so it would have the same run time as the stock KL1,but whiter light?

Thanks again for doing the time test

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

pahl,
Just do a luxeon swap. If you stay with an LED with an H or J Vf, you might even get more runtime and it would be whiter and probably a little brighter.

If you're interested in this mod, it's no problem. PM me. I've fared pretty well with centering. If you wanted to do it yourself, PM if you have questions.