Post Pictures of your Crelant 7G5 V2 :)

Tiresius

Enlightened
After reading up the threads and selfbuilt's review, I decided to own one myself. I am very satisfied with it. I'll put mines up as soon as my camera gets back from my sister and her trip.

Lets see them pictures of that sexy thrower :D

Tiresius

Enlightened
kay, sorry about stalling...Here's my stock one with no mods. I got it just Monday, 4/30/12 from a fellow CPF member selling them for $87USD.

Enough said...Here's mines.

DSCN2652.jpg

DSCN2647.jpg

DSCN2646.jpg

Last edited:

Tiresius

Enlightened
It really is a nice light isn't it?
Crelant has a new accessory coming at the end of the month for it. All my photo's are just stock images.

Indeed it is a nice light...I purchased mines from you :) It throws as it claims.

Got any photos of their new accessory to share?

Tiresius

Enlightened
That light is one amazing piece of budget :D I want an IMR cell in mines but am too cheap to buy one...I'm ponying up for a new set of clipless shoes for my road biking.

gmautotech

Newly Enlightened
whats the lumens on that light it looks like the sunlite 16wfp i just bought but alot less expensive

Tiresius

Enlightened
Indeed this light does throw well...Especially for the price you pay for. It's build very solid with spring contacts both sides so you can use flat-top cells. Haven't seen anyone that has the readings for 1xIMR18650 in it. Would like to see what the lux readings are.

I'm loving this light. Can't wait for the accessory to arrive. Everyone that has set eyes on it wants one.

Tiresius

Enlightened
I have a small hand :D I'm 5'7" with a rather small hand...I guess it's from being skinny, weighing about 130lbs

cccpull

Enlightened
Wont the aspheric head work best with a smaller LED like the ones used by Dereelight the XPE R2 EZ900?

Maybe, but wouldn't you rather have a brighter more usable size hot-spot/beam downstream than a pin-point?

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I have the Deerelight Aspheric and the Crelant 7G5 V2, and I prefer the Crealnt's beam for anything useful.

7005272810_19c9fab0b3_c.jpg

The Crelant 7G5 V2

7005273080_d95950cac8_c.jpg

The Crelant 7G5 V2 hitting a large round tree ~ 400 M away. Notice that while hitting the tree with a ton of light, it ALSO is letting you see what's around it, and what's between you and the tree as well.

7005288054_4992ea3158_c.jpg

Deerelight Aspheric hitting same tree on the same night...notice you don't even see the whole tree, or ANYTHING else out there?

So - the Deerelight is great, I like it a lot, but, its USES are very limited compared to the Crelant's abilities. You can't take a walk with just the Deerelight for example, it would be like trying to see where you were going while looking through a straw.

:D

The Crelant gives both enough soft spill to see where you're going, w/o ruining your ability to see far away...AND a great concentrated beam that projects further than anything in its class.

The SWEET part is that when the aspheric head comes out for the Crelant, I can have one light with BOTH capabilities...and an aspheric 850 lumen thrower can be projected to blow the doors off the Deerelight's ~ 200-300 L or so.

:devil:

Since I got the Crelant from MD-Lightsource, I get the Aspheric head when it arrives at the combo discount....so I get to use the current head - and then add the aspheric for when I might WANT that tighter beam, say for 800 meter night target shooting, etc.

IE: If I'd KNOWN that the asheric head for the Crelant was coming, I would have not bothered buying the Deerelight...oh well.

Last edited:

cccpull

Enlightened
Teej,

Do you happen to have(shameless request:shakehead) a picture of both lights (Dereelight & Crelant) together for size comparison?

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Teej,

Do you happen to have(shameless request:shakehead) a picture of both lights (Dereelight & Crelant) together for size comparison?

hmm, not together...but I'll take one for you when I get a chance later.

:D

Tiresius

Enlightened
Anyone got an aspheric head picture? All I see are stock photos. I'm wondering if the outer lens shielding the aspheric can be removed since dust can get through the holes on the side of the bezel...*drooling for the arrival of the new head*

Latest posts