Try a SureFire flashlight

MT7

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone.
I know my question is little cheeky,but I saw in lots of stores which sell SureFire flashlight (as lumensflashlights.com),that you can buy a SureFire flashlight,open the package,check it,and if you are not 100% satisfied,you can return the flashlight in original the original package (also if you opened the package and used the flashlight) and they will give you a full refund on the flashlight and the shipping...
is it true? is it possible also if I used the flashlight?
because the prices of SureFire are very expensive,and I am want to check myself the flashlight (I never had a surefire),and to know if the quality of those flashlight is justify their price?
thanks advance...

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I think the kind of reliability you'd need to check will be beyond the scope of "opening the package, shining it around, and seeing if you like it"..as pretty much ALL the decent lights will be great under those scenarios.

To really know, you have the then throw the lights against a wall a few times to see if it still works afterwards. Lights that were thrown against a wall a few times might look, well, abused.

(Drywall might be OK, but is less severe a test...)

:devil:

I say this, because for any given price point, what you see when you shine it around will be less for a Surefire than for many other makes.

Last edited:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where are you from and who are you buying from? Surefire has a "No sale out of US" policy on all the US dealers. This is to protect their distribution network. You will most likely have to buy from the authorized dealer in your country if you are not in the US. That said, the return policy really depends on the dealer in the said country.

Tiresius

Enlightened
It's their lifetime, no hassle warranty. They'll replace the broken parts free of charge if it is defective or worn out. I got a brand new U2A head when the old one leaked through the lens and caused a nasty stain in the reflector.

Yes, the lights are rather expensive. I would opt out and buy another light because I personally think they're too expensive. However, Surefire quality control is top notch...Never had my U2A or 6P failed on me. They worked when you needed them most...I can't say the same for my Q-mini123 and ITP A1. Though, I have read up that the new g2x and 6px pro has flaws in the mode switching.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
They worked when you needed them most...
... when the light assembly did not just quit ...
:rolleyes:
(which happened often - to the ones who actually used the lights)

lets face it: the reputation comes from incan times. That time it was common, that bulbs did :poof: with regular use and one did not really care for.
But the proprietary Surefire bulbs/Light assemblys simply had no match at all, and there also was no match regarding the mechanical work. From no other maker.

now, any medium quality led light offers whatever You, MT7, are searching for and exceeds what most of the models can give You.
To really appreciate the still available ruggedness and mechanical quality - for using the lights as hosts for better aftermarket led-light assemblies - thats a way You still are at the beginning
;)

PS: it is the same as with - f.e. - a Ferrari: in reality it is not the price, its the RUNNING COSTS.
in case of the typical SF, thats the batteries and the Light assemblies

I advise to start with an 1*18650 Li-Ion celled led light from one of the better makers (= no cheapo junk).
That is the best setup in the moment and also offers the cheapest running and system cost

TEEJ

Flashaholic
LOL

That's a good point about the primaries. I always felt like I was RENTING the SF's due to primaries being so expensive if you use the lights on a regular basis.

SF DID just (FINALLY) come out with RECHARGEABLE 123's that are OK in their lights though, and, for example, I found I can run RCR123A's in my Surefire Fury...and it seems to be fine.

Its no brighter on the RCR's, but, at least I can recharge the cells instead of replace them every time, etc.

So, depending on WHICH SF light you wanted...at least consider rechargeables to run them unless you just collect them, and use few cells up.

The Fury is pretty useful, the beam is VERY similar to the Klarus XT11's floody throw, which is my fav EDC light.

:D

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where are you from and who are you buying from? Surefire has a "No sale out of US" policy on all the US dealers. This is to protect their distribution network. You will most likely have to buy from the authorized dealer in your country if you are not in the US. That said, the return policy really depends on the dealer in the said country.
That's very true PJandyho
I'm thankful for the three Canadian dealers Ive found and some awesome CPF members for the Surefire's that I do have.

Not sure if the origional poster is anything like me, but after putting a Surefire in my hand and trying it out I knew I had to have one......

At current count Im down to 5 Surefire's. The ones I keep are the ones I've put throug there paces and never regretted :thumbsup:

If you can afford it try it :naughty: